Fire Safety

Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Dove
Has no life

Fire Safety

Postby Dove » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Sorry guys, don't know how to link the following. Anyway according to this report Stanley are suggesting ??? that our homes may also be affected. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter. Not a whole lot of owner occupiers of SH in Belmayne but you guys over in St Samsons may be also interested.
We did get a letter from the builder last week saying all is ok but should we take it as a given?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0227/belmayne.html

Developer begins fixing Belmayne defects

Updated: 18:24, Monday, 27 February 2012

Stanley Holdings has begun work to fix fire safety defects in nearly 300 housing units in Belmayne, north Dublin.
1 of 1 Stanley Holdings has begun work to fix fire safety defects in nearly 300 housing units in Belmayne, north Dublin
Stanley Holdings has begun work to fix fire safety defects in nearly 300 housing units in Belmayne, north Dublin

The developer Stanley Holdings has begun work to fix fire safety defects in nearly 300 housing units in Belmayne, north Dublin.

However, some residents whose concerns were rejected by fire officials nearly a year ago want a fuller investigation.

Del Tillyer, whose home had been undergoing remedial works for sound insulation problems, raised issues with the fire officer last year

The council's fire inspector said last July that the gaps highlighted were not breaches of regulations and that its inspections did not reveal any issues.

However, Stanley Holdings alerted the council last week when it did discover a lack of internal fire insulation while carrying out repair work in another dwelling

:!: It says 276 properties built by a connected developer may be affected

A fire expert hired by residents says the problems go deeper and there have been calls for an independent inspection.

However, Dubin City Council says the developer engaged its own safety consultant and that works over the next three months will remedy the defect

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: Fire Safety

Postby Nell » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm

They're concrete built houses and Shannon homes have written to say it is not an issue. It's an issue in timber frame units.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm

I certainly hope that proves to be the case Nell. I was merely alluding to the article stating one developer suggesting another is in the same boat. At the end of the day, the residents affected in Belmayne were also re-assured all was well and look at them now.
I do not know what type of unit you are in but I have an apartment above, a family have only recently moved in so I can not gauge ay sound issues as yet and hopefully I don't. Like I also said in an earlier post, I am aware my home is concrete built. I am just unsure what is between my ceiling and their floors. One could hardly blame me for being concerned in light of current events.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm wasn't intending to down play your concerns however I know that Shannon homes wrote to their purchasers saying it wasn't an issue in their units and that they are concrete. This particualar issue is with timber frame units. DCC confirmed this to me in a phone call last Friday. I would suggest further reassurance can be sought from SH I believe there are contact details on the letter. Hope it stays nice and quiet for you.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks Nell, so far so good :)

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”