sound

Addresses include Belmayne Park South, Churchwell Square, Churchwell Road, Churchwell Mews, Churchwell Close

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: sound

Post by Nell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 pm

just to add my tuppence worth about sound, I made some enquiries with Sean Kenny Labour Councillor and he put me in touch with a gentleman in the estate who has a bit more info on dealing with the developers /mgt co. I cant remember his name now but Sean should let you know if you email his website

micheal
Active User
Active User

Post by micheal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm the person Nell is speaking about. You need to raise any noise issues with Stanley Holdings.
Niall Manley is dealing with this, ask management co for details.

emp
Active User
Active User

Post by emp » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:39 pm

I live in a 3 bed duplex and the noise from apartment above us is terrible. We can literally hear everything. I noticed over the last few months that similar properties (i.e. duplexes with apts above) that the apts were having noise insulation put down. There was about four properties in the last couple of months on Belmayne Park North and South that got this done. Could anyone shed any light on how this came about? Did the owners of the duplexes pay for the floors in the apts to be sound insulated cause they couldnt stand the noise any more or was it the apt owners who got it done?

herbert
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by herbert » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi There,

I know exactly what you mean about the sound issues!

I just moved in here two weeks ago. I am in an apartment and the noise from above is just unbelievable! I can hear absolutely everything from the washing machine, doors closing, walking, water pump, tv even the wardrobe doors closing! I believe there is no soundproofing whatsoever between the apartments, i think they were built like houses. I can tell this is not a noisy neighbour but purely the way the building has been constructed. I have been on to the builders who are going to do a sound check for me but i am well aware of the fact they will probably tell me the sound test passed. I must admit this is a huge disappointment for me as i am happy with everything else.
How are you getting on, have you approached the builders?

herbert
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by herbert » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:36 pm

If anyone has had sound issues in their apartment, can you let me know how you resolved the situation? Or anyone who had sound proofing done please let me know where you went, how much it cost etc...

Thanks.

pips
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by pips » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 pm

if anyone needs info on this pm me. we have got it done. Im in an apartment.

;0)
Cant wait to move in!

wkts
New face
New face

Post by wkts » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm living in churchwell ave belmayne and this sound problem is getting worst day by day we can hear even when the neighbours are opening their drawers, foot step, washing machine nosie
we really regret we bought a apt here in belmayne i will advice the people who wants to buy the house in this area don't buy here

superflyninja
Regular User
Regular User

Post by superflyninja » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:33 am

We are on churchwell road in a 3bed with garage and recently some new neighbours have started to move in.im shocked at the lack of sound insulation. Its like the walls are made of paper. anyone else have hassle with this?

Jez
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by Jez » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:40 am

Does anybody know the latest on the sound issues?

It seems work on fixing has stopped. Starting to get really P*SSED OFF now as we we're told all affected properties were being fixed. Looks like they are selling apartments above and below others too! Thought these were taken off the market until issues were addressed.. Cant let this continue!! Action needs to be taking ASAP!!! :evil:

joeyd79
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by joeyd79 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Did anyone get it in writing that 'sound issues' would be resolved???
I was assured by the estate agents that there was only sound issues with a couple of houses [duplex's with apartments above] and that these have all been resolved... is this not the case??
Joanne... x

herbert
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by herbert » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any joy regarding the serious sound problems?

I am chasing this since December 2009, and at this stage I am distraught! Any advice would be appreciated..

ross82
New face
New face

Post by ross82 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:37 pm

hi guys i live in a 3 bed duplex in park south and the noise is terrible from above. the apartment above has told us they had the floors insulated when they moved in first. we had a sound check carried out which niall manley organised and ofcourse it passed which is a surprise since the man carrying it out commented on how bad the noise was. since that no progress has been made. myself and my partner contacted some insulation companies and they told us the problem lies with the building and insulating wont help. ive sent niall an e mail recently and no reply!!! im pretty pissed off to say the least. any more info on this would be great.

Cbuc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cbuc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi Ross,
Ive the same issues except its coming from 1 wall in the house, the other 5 are perfect, cant hear anything. Ive gotten letters sent through to the developer from the management company but nothing. I am going to try contact premier bond (i think thats it) and go that route. I can hear every footstep in their stupid bloody high heels every day, slamming of doors and kids dragging stuff over the floor. I think the wall is just wooden beams and plaster yet the otehr side i cant hear a thing so obviously there is a difference of quality.

If enough of us band together to push this issue then we might stand a better chance of getting it sorted. When you cant even have quiet in your own home its not good, stress builds up

Random234
New face
New face

Post by Random234 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 am

Can someone who had works done please contact me by private message.

I have major impact sound problems from the apt above in Churchwell Road.