Dog in st samsons court

Everything to do with St Samsons Square and Castlemoyne

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

jim
Active User
Active User

Dog in st samsons court

Postby jim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Anybody else fed up listening to the Labrador dog crying in his garden. He seems to be left out all day every day.

gqma0
Has no life

Re: Dog in st samsons court

Postby gqma0 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

I only know about one labrador dog in the St Samson's court garden.

If you're talking about the one in the garden facing the side of the bin shed, I can not say the dog is a nuisance. The dog is well looked after and is not maltreated. It's regularly taken for walks and I know a neighbor taking him for a walk. I also took him for a walk in Father Collins park as we took the kids along to the playground.

Even when dropping rubbish to the shed, I pass and stop by the gate but he doesn't cry nor bark. He's a happy dog as far as I can see. Are we talking about the same dog ?

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Only seeing this post now. I know the dog Jim is talking about and he is far from a nuisance. He is a lovely dog. You say the neighbours take him out for walks what about his owners. He seems to be in the garden most of the time on his own apart from when the neighbour takes him for a walk. He looks so bored and lonely. I just feel sorry for him.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby tomf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Shirley

I live above the dog and sure he whines a little but, only in evenings mainly when he is due to be fed or when the family come home.

I think he is fine and I know he gets at least 1 walk every day and at weekends he tends to get a long walk

It all comes down to having big dogs in small gardens.

Personally, I would not do it but that is just me where I'm from the country and dogs had a working purpose.

So, I come from a different perspective.

At least the dog in question has a garden.Don't get me started on dogs in apartments !
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:41 pm

I agree with you tomf on big dogs in small gardens. In my opinion these gardens are too small to have any size dog in them for long periods of time. Also big dogs do not have to be solely in the garden. There are lots of other big dogs in the estate that are indoors as well. Dogs like to be part of a pack and they like to be around people as much as possible especially labradors as they just love human company.

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shee » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 am

Its 3.50 a.m. and I'm listening to that DOG bark for the past HOUR. Obviously the owners have no problem letting it bark morning noon and night. Its not the Labrador its a terrier I think

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:10 am

Shee wrote:Its 3.50 a.m. and I'm listening to that DOG bark for the past HOUR. Obviously the owners have no problem letting it bark morning noon and night. Its not the Labrador its a terrier I think

I heard the dog barking at 11.20pm last night when I took our dog out in the back garden to do her business but I got her back in shortly after as I thought she'd be retaliating. It must be a new dog as it's the 1st time I hear constant repetitive barking at night.

Return to “General Discussion”