Council pays for upkeep of estates

Everything to do with St Samsons Square and Castlemoyne

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Council pays for upkeep of estates

Postby ddub » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 am

Hi all,Just been reading an article in the indo about local authorities being forced to take responsibility for the upkeep of housing developments following a high court ruling. I may be misunderstanding it but it seems a judge has ordered done gal council to take steps with its legal obligations saying the tax paying public are entitled to suppose their applications to be dealt with in accordance with law and not by reference to non-statutory schemes which the council has itself been pleased to create.This was after their was an application to have an estate taken into charge.Was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this is.Is it something we could apply to have done and if so should we apply?Management fees are high enough without having to pay a property tax so every saving counts.
UP THE DUBS

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: Council pays for upkeep of estates

Postby tomf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi

If the ruling has changed things then we would be foolish not to look at it.

Do you have any more info on it?
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby ddub » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:59 pm

No tom only what i posted .I was hopeing someone could shed some light on it as it could be worth looking into.The mang co are not the worst to be fair but with propety taxes and water taxes on the way im looking to save money any way i can ,also the idea of paying management fees while im paying property taxes which im told are going towards the up keep of the area is a bit hard to stomach. :evil:
UP THE DUBS

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby tomf » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 am

My opinion for what it is worth and is only an opinion is -
Fingal would not take over an unfinished estate - Castlemoyne.
Even if Fingal did take over the upkeep, it would only be for the grass and honestly, I think there would be outcry in relation to the number of times in a year Fingal are now cutting grass. Also, they would never cut the grass on the verges.
In addition, Samson's part would still have management charges as it is apartments/townhouses with lots of common areas. Also, Fingal would not cut the inner courtyard gardens.

Landscaping quality would certainly decrease substantially with Fingal taking over the common areas and over here in Samson's nothing much would change in terms of cost.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Return to “General Discussion”