hot water and heating

Everything to do with St Samsons Square and Castlemoyne

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

doc
New face
New face

hot water and heating

Postby doc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi im in an apartment in st samsons. Under the boiler there are 2 manual timers and i am unsure exactly what each does. As far as I can work out the far right one controls the on/off function of the boiler and the other the water. However to get hot water only, i have to set the thermostat to 0 and then have both timers come on at the same time. Am i missing something here? Also they are not keeping sync so going to get a digital timer but dont know what exactly i need. any help would be great. thanks

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: hot water and heating

Postby tomf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 am

I'm in apartment in St Samsons also
I have three timers - manual.
I have a dual zone heating ( bedrooms and living areas).
So, I hope I'm correct but in your case you should have the following:
1) 1 Timer as master timer - this controls the boiler and the hot water.
2) 1 timer for the central heating ( think timer for room thermostat)

So, you can have timer 2 on and your heating will not work WITHOUT timer 1 also on. Timer 1 fires the boiler !

Now, I will replace the manual timers and thermostat system as I'm sure it is costing me loads of extra money.
THe problem you have, as far as I know from my own system is the fact there is no feedback from the hot water to the boiler. So, you may have hot water but the boiler will keep firing and wasting gas.
http://www.rvr.ie/Main_Page/ - is a good Irish website for all type of heating controls.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Return to “General Discussion”