Stolen car on fire

Everything to do with St Samsons Square and Castlemoyne

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Stolen car on fire

Post by Shee » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Just in case anyone is wondering what happened the burnt hedge at St Samsons Court - some idiot at around 6 a.m. this morning (3/6/12) decided to go joyriding in a stolen car and somehow careered off the road, hit the lamppost and crashed into the railings - the car went up in flames within minutes and was well burnt by the time the fire brigade arrived - the place looks a mess from the outside - the impact knock the main light off the lamppost - was speaking to the guards and the car was stolen earlier in Donaghmede - the keys were stolen during a burglary and the car was taken then.

Car keys are been stolen in a number of burglaries recently around the area according to the guards so just for people to be a bit more careful

gqma0
Has no life

Re: Stolen car on fire

Post by gqma0 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks Shee. We all witnessed it and I just had the time to move my wife's car which was parked just beside. I'm surprised about the amount of time the firemen took to arrive.

gqma0
Has no life

Post by gqma0 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 am

Also, fyi, I've informed a responsible person in Fingal county council about the extent of damages so they will take care of it.

gqma0
Has no life

Post by gqma0 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:19 am

Fingal county council will tidy up the place and the damaged column will be replaced as soon as possible.

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Shee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks Gaetan for doing that - I thought at one stage that the whole hedge would go up in flames, lucky there was no rubbish in it or it would have.