Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

Haitham
Active User
Active User

Fire Safety in St Samsons

Postby Haitham » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:31 am

Hello Guys
I heard the horrible news about Belmayne this Morning
do you think we have the same Problem in St Samsons ?
how can we double check ?

Shane
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: Fire Safety in St Samsons

Postby Shane » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:52 am

The issues in Belmayne appear to be related to some of the buildings constructed in timber frame or at least that's what the Irish times article states. St Samsons is concrete block based construction and as far as I am aware there has never been any suggestion of any fire safety issues with any of the buildings in St Samsons (or Castlemoyne for that matter).

The only way to double check anything to 100% certainty is to have a qualified fire protection engineer carry out destructive inspections on your property which really isn't worth it unless you are really very concerned or there is some evidence to indicate there may be further issues.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 pm

We have just received a letter in the post re-assuring us that Shannon Homes are not affected. All of the units built by them in P1 and P2 are traditional concrete construction and unaffected.

Gerry
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Yeah, we got the same letter and we are in the St Samsons/ Shannon Homes part of Belmayne. It appears to be only the timber frame houses that are affected. At least it looks like there is a plan in place for those affected.

homer
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby homer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi I really hope your not effected but I got a letter from Belmayne developer telling me that our house was built to fire safety regs and that they were suing fire engineer after live line program. Yesterday I got another letter to say there maybe an issue. Better To be safe than sorry

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby tomf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 am

HI HOMER
Can you just be more specific in your posts.
There are two developers in Belmayne - Shannon Homes and ''The Other Developer''
Shannon Homes buildings are all concrete construction while the rest of the homes are TImer Framed.

So as not to worry people any more than they are already worried you might just mention where you are in Belmayne and what the name of your developer is.

Thanks
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Return to “General Discussion”