Everything to do with St Samsons Square and Castlemoyne

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

megan
Trainee User
Trainee User

lights in Saint Samsons Court Communal Area

Post by megan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi All,

I understand a lot of the lights were damaged by children during the year.I just wanted to know if there has been any update on their replacement as it is pitch black over my side of the courtyard.Not good!!

If I do see anyone tampering with the lights I will report it.It definitely deserves a spot in the newsletter to tell all parents to be mindful. Megan

ffingers
Trainee User
Trainee User

Re: lights in Saint Samsons Court Communal Area

Post by ffingers » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:34 pm

It's a disgrace KPM still have not fixed these lights after this time - apart from
not looking great, it is a major safety issue first & foremost...

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ddub » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Kpm were sending out letters to people warning them about people leaving childrens toys out in the courtyard at a time swhen these lights were faulty.I guess that sums up kpm and what they think of the people who live here.I,m all for keeping the area clean but i think people would rather kpm got the important things done first such as these lights.But i guess its a lot easier to sent out a simple letter to people than it is to get someone out to repair broken or faulty light.And they wonder why people dont like paying management fees.
UP THE DUBS

gqma0
Has no life

Post by gqma0 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:05 am

And it's because lots of residents don't pay their fees that the lights remain broken. KPM is well aware of the situation on the lights but because of the amount of debtors in the estate, the cost of repairing the lights is too high. There's the issue of vandalism that needs to be addressed too and KPM is also aware of this.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by tomf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:47 pm

I think the comments on KPM are unfair.

We have worked with them for 6 years now and you have to remember they have to work in the remit that is handed to them. The management committee work closely with KPM and yes, we know there is a problem in the Court. The cost of repair is very high for the lights on the circuit and we are trying to see the best solution available with the resources available.

Also, in terms of KPM sending out letters - they do so at the request of the Management COmmittee.
Frankly, is it not a sad state of affairs when parents have to be told to tidy up their childrens's toys every evening for the benefit of all the residents.
I would have thought it was obvious

Tom
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ddub » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 pm

My comments on kpm are based on my dealings with kpm ,i do understand they are doing whats asked of them but from my own dealings with these people they are very difficult to deal with.I have had to ring them on a number of times over the years and too many times i have been told eimer(if thats her name)was not in the office and that she would ring me back and she would not ring back and i would end up spending the whole day chaseing her down despite the fact that the girl in the office telling me that she had told her i was looking for her.Now im not talking a once off im talking every time i have rang them please dont tell me thats ok because its not,i pay my fees up front when i get the bill and i find it a bit annoying when i ring them and i get that responce,i understand its easier for them workng with the management committee when trying to get things done but when dealing with people one to one from myexperience anyway they need to up their game.In relation to the letter did the management committee realy ask the kpm to type up aletter and sent out to the people?i mean the bin sheds are getting beds dumped in them and (I )never got any letter about this, come on toys in the court yard ,beds in the bin shed what do the people want fixed first.I would have thought it was obvious.
UP THE DUBS

ffingers
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by ffingers » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I completely agree with ddub - KPM are not the easiest when u ask or tell them there is a problem...
u get told it will be repaired & that will be done etc., & yet nothing gets done or if so, u have to
constantly get at them.
How can we be unfair on them when it seems they can't (or don't) do the main jobs/service that we
are paying them for in our (ridiculously high) annual management fee!

It seems the committee like to always stand up for KPM, but Iam nearly sure when I say that I would not
be the only person who would like to see a change to the management co. in our estate...I have
heard nothing but bad reports about this crowd from other people also..
When last I spoke to them I was told that most (if not all) residents have been paying their management
fees & the few who were not would face court action, so it's not like they haven't the money to fix
a few lights - they were broken before & got fixed v.quickly.

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ddub » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks for the support ffingers but just to be clear i myself was not looking for a change in mngt co but more a change i attitude when dealing with peoples requests ,that is when dealing with people one to one.I dont want to take anything away from the people who work alongside kpm to keep the area up to scratch but at the same time they have to understand that some times residents have to deal with kpm themselfes and as you rightly pointed out kpm are not the easiest to deal with and more times than not we will have to get at them a number of times before something is done which is just not good enough.If a person pays their fees theres no reason for kpm to drag their heels when dealing with this persons problems ,simple.
UP THE DUBS

megan
Trainee User
Trainee User

Post by megan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi All,
I have spoken to Eimear since my last post.She informed me they were gathering a number of quotes for fixing the lights and the issue would be dealt with promptly once the mgmt committee approved the quote.Does anyone know what stage the process is at in the mgmt committee ? I will ring tomorrow again.I agree entirely that KPM people are very difficult to reach however the people from Samsons who work on the committee do a great job.I will let u know if I get to speak to Eimear tomorrow. Megan

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by tomf » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm

In relation to the light sin the Court, i should be meeting the contractor onsite here during the week.

I cant understand why 11 lights are out of action.

We realize some kids have damaged the heads of 2 lights and these lights are now not in production so replacement parts are impossible to get hold of but, why are 11 out?

Hope to find by end of week

Tom

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Shee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Tom,

Just catching up on the posts on the site here, would it be a cheaper option to change to solar powered lights for the courtyard. I don't know if they give out enough light but it could be an idea to look into this if the option of fixing the 11 lights would be too expensive.

I still worry about the children damaging the lights as the same lights are in my friends estate and one little boy was electrocuted by playing with a damaged light.
Last edited by Shee on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ddub » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Seems like a good idea.
UP THE DUBS

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by tomf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I will look into it

I doubt enough sunlights will get in but will look at it

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by tomf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Just an update.

Ok, got a small number of the lights back working.

There are 2 broken heads - completely gone.

11 lights in addition not working - this, we believe is the electronics in the lights - will report this back to KPM.

In addition, there is about 6 lights on 1 circuit and we believe the fuses could be blown.

So, working on it.
Plan would be to get key for fuse board and replace the fuses - no, of course, they are not standard !!
Then get the electrician out to repair the Electronics in the 11.

This is ALL down to kids in the Court - balls hitting the lights; kids twisting the heads, kicking the lights etc etc..

Unfortunately, the cost of repair is down to all of us.

Such is the life.

Tom

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ddub » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Tnks for the update tom ,good work.
UP THE DUBS