123.ie

Everything to do with St Samsons Square and Castlemoyne

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

grace
Regular User
Regular User

123.ie

Postby grace » Sat May 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Just a quick note to anyone who has their home insurance with 123. We have been insured with this group since we moved in 5 years ago. This year our renewal quote was only marginally increased and we were happy to renew. We have never claimed. On reading the policy we realised they will not cover us for flood damage. When I contacted them they said their underwriters have been zoning areas that have flood potential and due to the outlays in the last 2 years for flooding balgriffin was considered high risk. End of no discussion. Needless to say we didn't renew with them and we are raging we gave them our business for so long. So read the small print.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: 123.ie

Postby Nell » Sun May 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Think that's fairly common now with all the insurers because of what they had to pay out this year and 2010 due to floods.

Alan
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Alan » Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 am

Just to add to that, we are living in an apartment, have been here for just over a year (living in P7). In the first year, we were insured (contents cover for about 25k) with Allianz, and the premium was 126 euro. We got the renewal letter in the door a few weeks ago and it had gone up to 165 euro for this year. No claims in the last year or anything, it didnt really make sense as to why it had gone up so much.

Anyway, Shopped around and got the same cover with Aviva for 62euro for this year for the same type of cover (got a discount as have car insurance and health insurance with Aviva), just thought it was worth a mention, cant believe the difference in price

dilemma
Addicted
Addicted

Postby dilemma » Mon May 09, 2011 10:01 am

Hi Alan,

Are you not covered by the block insurance that is part of the management fees?

Alan
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Alan » Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 am

Hi dilemma,
yes, we are covered for structural damage/problems with the block insurance that we pay in the management fee, but the insurance I got with aviva is just contents cover, basically everything I own in the apartment

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shee » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:06 pm

I recently changed insurance company (contents only policy) from 123.ie . As a result of not renewing with them they notified the EBS. EBS now require a letter noting their interest on the dwelling. As I'm covered by block insurance policy I've contacted KPM for a letter to cover this but as yet haven't received one.

Anyone else have to do this ??

Alan
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Alan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:17 pm

why did they notify your bank? Contents cover is optional, so doesnt make sense as to why they contacted your bank, none of their business basically.
I remember getting a copy of the block insurance before we moved in, but if the bank is looking for it, you should be able to get a copy from the mgt company, thats if you can get in touch with anyone in there, their contact page on the kpm website is a complete waste of time by the way

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 pm

I know Alan, I can't understand either. I've requested the letter from KPM and yes I'm still waiting. Problem is that the EBS say they will start charging me for building insurance if they don't receive the letter by a certain date ... and no doubt KPM will go on holidays for Christmas before I get a reply.

Just wondering does anyone on the residents committee have a copy of our block insurance policy ??

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi Shee,

Your management fees cover for the block insurance and therefore EBS shouln't be charging you. I sent you a PM with email contacts at KPM

Cheers
Gaetan

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shee » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks for that, I've sent another email to KPM and have cc'd the EBS so hopefully it will get sorted this side of christmas. I got the final letter today from EBS saying the property is now uninsured and I am in breach of my mortgage terms ....

Love the waiting game ...

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shee » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Thankfully got the letter sorted through KPM who sent it onto EBS.

All sorted.

Return to “General Discussion”