Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Churchwell Drive - Mice - eugh!

Postby Dee » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey
For the first time in 4 years mice have invaded my apartment on Churchwell Drive - anyone else having this problem?
D

ffingers
Trainee User
Trainee User

Re: Churchwell Drive - Mice - eugh!

Postby ffingers » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Count yourself lucky that u have only got mice now...I've been getting mice for the last couple of
winters in the attic in my appartment - mouse traps seem to be the only way to catch them as poison for rodents nowadays is like cheese to mice...doesn't work - end of!
I've searched inside & outside the appartment but still frustrated as to find out how they keep getting in someway - shows the obviously shoddy workmanship really when the development was being built...gaps left everywhere & thats no exaggeration - I also frequently get drafts around the sink/appliances in my kitchen.
I guess as we are living near fields, mice will always be around!
Not sure if the management co. can do much about it, but Rentokill seem quite expensive!

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 am

definitely field mice and at the period of the year, they're looking for shelters. We had some when we moved as we had gaps behind the sink where they hadn't covered the plasterboard but they actually accessed through the main door. Mouse traps and a tiny slice of cheddar will do the trick but you must ensure that the cheddar is properly attached to the trap, otherwise, they'll pull it and won't trigger the trap. They're tiny and very light

*lisa*
Regular User
Regular User

Postby *lisa* » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Oh god, we had a....... RAT the last two years! i can't bear it if we get one this winter. I'm so freaked now the cold weather has come. Honestly i think i'm going to my solicitor if we get one this year. :oops:

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Dee » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think I could cope with a rat......! I rang the mgt co to see if anyone else was having a problem in the block - nobody had reported it anyway but there was an issue somewhere else in the development so they sent out someone from a pest control company and they poked around the kitchen looking for where they were coming in and put down poison in those places. Fingers crossed that will get rid of them.

Lisa you should sue the rat for emotional distress!

dilemma
Addicted
Addicted

Postby dilemma » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am

A rat in your house? Really? Did you see it?
I would die if that happened. I had mice a few weeks ago after the flooding but put down poison and got one of the plug in things which seems to have worked thank god!

*lisa*
Regular User
Regular User

Postby *lisa* » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 pm

yeah we saw it in 2009, but it was dead for about a month and you can imagine the smell! it was gross/stink/vile and this was the first cold winter we had so thankfully our house is three stories so we could keep all the windows open on the third as It was in the attic and we could sleep on the second floor. the mgt company got rentokil out to kill it, it took a week to kill it and then about a month to find it, it mad a lil nest under the fibreglass we had just bought our house sept 2009 and got the rat in November 2009. the rentokil guy brought in down dead from the attic in a plastic bag and it was HUGE! the one we got in 2010 died quickly as we have "enough poison to kill a 100 rats" in the attic at the moment. Thankfully this one didn't smell so we didn't have to look for it's carcass.

2011 means no feckin rats!

ffingers
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby ffingers » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Lisa...

As I stated, poison in the main, doesn't work!
And as for the Management Co., typical that they tell u no-one else has been on to them about
rodents - just to have u think u are the only person in the estate with the problem!
I have rang/reported my situation re. poxy mice the last couple of years - was told it's not
really their responsilbility...

ffingers
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby ffingers » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Apologies Lisa...

That mail I just sent was meant for Dee!

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”