Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Marshmallow
Trainee User
Trainee User

Management Fees on Apartments

Postby Marshmallow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just talking to an agent from the estate agents and she told me that the fee for my 2 bedroom apartment would be €1,400. I just dont understand why this would be so much and what the money will be spent on, there is no lift in the block no garden etc???? When i signed for the apartment it had TBC and the girl did say it wouldnt be more than €800.

Please could any one in apartments let me know how much they payed last year or this year so i could get back onto them

thanks

:(

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 am

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marshmallow
Trainee User
Trainee User

Re: Management Fees on Apartments

Postby Marshmallow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:54 am

Dove wrote:Hi Marshmallow
I hope some one can answer your question for you.
The reason I am posting is because I am sick to death of Hok blatantly lying to impending buyers to secure a sale.We too were lied to about service charges.Needless to say I got my way in the end but I think they are pathetic.
And for the record Hooke and Mcdonald are not much better.

Hi Dove,

Thanks for writing to me, I know :( I am just so angry, to be told one thing and then near time to snag and everything nearly ready to get the keys, they tell me its nearly double. I'm just so angry i cant understand myself how they would want 1,400 of every apartment, its a joke and from the post's im reading here like it dosent sound like they actually do a lot. btw I'ts Douglas Newman Good im dealing with, when she told me yesterday the price i was :?: am i paying for the whole estate :oops: Im really thinking about changing my mind, as much as i want to move in and love the apartment if im having this much trouble now what will it be like in 2 years will it be 2000 per year...

xx

If any one that has an apartment could get back to me with what they payed I would be so grateful.

take care :wink:

sue09
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby sue09 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi Marshmallow,
When we moved into our apartment last year, our fees were around the 1200 euro mark. I spoke to KPM two/three weeks ago and they informed me that this years fees for apartment owners is 1493 euro approx. We do not have a lft in our block or a back garden. I feel it is very expeniscve for the level of service we receive. I too dread to think what the fees will be like in a couple of years. :(

Marshmallow
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby Marshmallow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm

sue09 wrote:Hi Marshmallow,
When we moved into our apartment last year, our fees were around the 1200 euro mark. I spoke to KPM two/three weeks ago and they informed me that this years fees for apartment owners is 1493 euro approx. We do not have a lft in our block or a back garden. I feel it is very expeniscve for the level of service we receive. I too dread to think what the fees will be like in a couple of years. :(

Hi Sue,

OMG how can they bring the price up that much in one year :x Did you get a breakdown of what the money you pay is actually been used for? I think it is scandalous. This is such a big put off really, of course i know everywhere now with apartments you have to pay the fees, but nearly 1500euro a year thats just taking the pi**. I know over in Northern Cross this year they dropped the fees by 200euro. Did anyone ever request a breakdown from the Mgt company for the fees?

sue09
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby sue09 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm

hiya,
As of yet i havnet received a breakdown of the costs, i was just told over the phone how much they would be this year. I am waiting for the fees to be sent to me. i know how you feel, its crazy considering we do not have a lift in the block, the communal bins are full most of the time, the lights around the bin area are on and off alot of the time etc. etc. Have you moved in yet? Sue

Marshmallow
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby Marshmallow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi again,

I don't believe you, so you’re paying for these services and basically not seeing the benefit of it at all, I can’t believe they expect us to pay for this if all the faults you pointed out are happening continuously. I haven’t moved in yet, I am due to get the snag done next week. I'm going to ask them to send me over a breakdown of the fees when i get the chance. :(

Apart from this Sue how are you finding living in Belmayne?

Alan
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:06 pm

hi marhmallow,

Im due to sign contracts next week and have been asking the management company for a breakdown of the fees for well over 2 weeks, and they are blatantly ignoring me.
I was advised that mgt fees would be near 1700 euro, this is on a 3 bed apartment, with a lift and communal area (i.e. dont have own front door). Ive asked for comparision with previous property we were going for in belmayne as we were told at the time of buying by Hooke and macdonald that the mgt fee would be about 1300euro, as usual, didnt get this in writing at the time, just believed them.

I aint signing a thing until i get whats covered with the mgt fees, and also, if they say that this includes bin charges or for the windows to be cleaned, then i want to know how often this will be done.

Havnt had to deal with mgt company all that much, but can anyone else let me know if they are having as much trouble getting any type of response out of them?

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi all, the budgets for the management company are currently being done by KPM, then they will be published and presented at the AGM. The residents association have requested that this is done asap. The issue of lifts being included etc in blocks that didnt have lifts was raised and we were told it would be looked at in the context of the budget. KPM have done a lot of work in trying to get the best price for contracts in the estate, landscaping, maintenance, bins etc. So we trust this will be reflected in the buget. We were told the mgt fee should not have increased on what was originally paid by people who moved in 2 yrs ago.

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Steevo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 am

Is there any details of who is actually in the residents association or when they acually sit? I contacted KPM numerous times around 18 months ago asking them for information and have never received anything from them.
Any info would be great

Lou80
Active User
Active User

Postby Lou80 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:39 am

Hi guys
Just want to say be very careful around the management fees. I paid €1400 on closing last year for a 2 bed own door apartment. I then heard that the duplex houses above me only paid €1100, so i decided to look into it further. basically i was overcharged by €500 but noone would have ever told me that had i not gone looking to see what i was paying for!!!! The management company have said that they will credit me for the fees this year, but if anyone else is in the same boat they should check what they paid, my soilicitor should have realised this mistake at the time, i foolishly paid what i was told without checking it out for myself!

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”