Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: Buying in Belmayne

Postby Linda » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Dublin City Council Housing Services
Dublin City Council Housing Authority provides housing for people in Dublin who cannot afford their own home need somewhere to live. This is achieved under different schemes throughout the city. Housing is allocated based on need and rents are charged based on income, household size and special circumstances.

This is the type of rental scheme I was referring to. DCC have now occupied 9 apartments in one block opposite the information centre in Belmayne and an additional number of houses within the belmayne estate. They obviously could not sell these on and therefore have decided to rent them out.

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:26 pm

These tenants who you are talking about must have been means tested to get accommodation from dcc which means they would be on a low income which also means they would be paying a low rent. Why otherwise would they be renting from dcc they might as well rent from private landlords. The point is they are paying lower rents then anyone else. I dont know what you are talking about high rents nobody pays high rents to dcc otherwise then why would everyone not be applying to dcc for a house to rent. As you said there has to be special circumstances for them to be considered for housing under dublin county council. I do not understand your point the reason dcc exists is to provide people with accommodation who cannot rent on the private market because of special circumstances for example low income, unmarried mothers etc.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi dove thanks for that i was not too sure what the max rent was but if it is 280 per week i would not say there are many tenants paying that rent to dcc. If that was the case they could well afford to rent on the private market so why would they still rent from dcc. I think the reality is most tenants are paying a very low rent compared to the open market. What reallly annoys me as i pointed out in my first post is that the developers had these houses and if you rang up to buy one even in this economic climate the amount shannon homes were reducing them by was a joke. They obviously knew they were going to sell them on to dcc or to rent them out to dcc.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 am

as far as i know the developers had no choice but to give a percentage of the properties to DCC - this happens in all new developments just lets hope its not a high percentage that they buy

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:09 am

I do not see any difference if they rent them long term or buy them there will still be a high proportion of dcc tenants living in belmayne and st samsons. Whether they are on low income or social welfare, i see from a earlier post on social housing there is 80 social welfare units earmarked for p5 to be rented out by dcc and they are the ones we know about how many empty units have the developers handed over as well that we don't know about.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi Linda

Can you Pm me you phone no as my PMs don't seem to be getting to you... Thanks 06/07/09

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Marshmello - I think Belmayne is a great place to live and call home. On the whole it is very quiet and the people are all nice here as far as I can tell! the place is still finding its feet and we want to establish a community here, the local priest has done a hell of a lot for the area opening the primary school etc We now also have set up a residents committee to represent the interests of residents

ladyjane
New face
New face

Postby ladyjane » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 am

Hi, does anyone have a contact for Stanley Holdings? I'm trying to buy a house in Belmayne but the estate agent I'm dealing with at Hooke & MacDonald isn't very helpful. He keeps telling that my offer is too low but says that the developer hasn't come back with a price that they will sell at. It's all a bit strange to me and I'd prefer to see if I can buy directly from the developer rather than have to put up with the estate agent. Thanks,

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”