Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Marshmallow
Trainee User
Trainee User

Buying in Belmayne

Postby Marshmallow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:32 am

Hi everyone,

New here :shock: not sure if i am putting this in the correct place, but i will go ahead anyway.

Im in the process now of buying an apartment in Churchwell Avenue. Im so excited i have so many questions :lol:

Does anyone know how much the Management Fees are for a 2 bed apart, as they still haven't confirmed it with me.

How does everyone find living in Belmayne? Ive driven down a few nights just to look around and it looks lovely.

Thanks for reading :)

susand
Has no life

Re: Buying in Belmayne

Postby susand » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:09 am

Ina word it 'Great'. If you are shannon homes 2 bed i think it was approx 1,350. The budget has not been finalised for this year yet so not too sure. If you are ground floor with back garden it will be less becauase you will have your own bins to get from DCC but don't worry about that yet. Because the shannon homes are brick built homes they arn't too noisy. There is a curfew in the apartments of no outside noise after 11pm at night i.e. balconies this is just for everyone so that if you are having parties you don't upset each others enjoyment of their home. You will have a parking space assigned to you but any guest are permitted to park only in visitors spaces around the development. This may sound awful but its not and it makes for peace around the whole development.

Now the more exciting stuff. We have 2 playgrounds, a basketball area plenty of foodie places, Tesco or Dunnes & Fresh close by, The Hilton or Campions for drink there is also a GAA club house for the cheap drink up Balgriffin Lane. Then there is the New Park over by Clongriffin which is just lovely. The community here is very nicely mixed with alot of young families starting off, couples and singles. On the whole a very good place to be an as you can see by this website. welcome Home! PM if you need anymore info - Happy to help

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:42 am

welcome marsmallow hope you enjoy your new home - Belmayne is a lovely palce to live

blackstudio
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby blackstudio » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi marshmellow,

There have been a few threads lately ( viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1530 ) on sound issues in apartments in Belmayne, Im not sure which part of Belmayne you are buying if its concrete or timber framed but it might be worth investigating your sound levels.

There are also a number of threads in the Belmayne section which might be worth a read through, This site was set up 3 years ago so you will see a history of events!

I bought a 2bed over in St Samsons, i think we have the same designed building as Belmayne, I love the layout of my pad and the open plan sit/kitchen, and the big bay window! Which kind of 2 bed did you buy, when i first saw it i thought it would be very small i thought the bedrooms looked small but after living in it for nearly 2 years now i find it very comfortable and spacious and easy to clean! Sometimes i would like more storage, but the bathrooms are big and im going to make a storage cupboard there.

There is a guy in Belmayne who did my floors and blinds and i love them and he did a great price for me, doing it up is lots of fun, I will never forget the first day we got the keys here, we had rented for 10 years prior and to have our own place was the best feeling ever, All and all it has worked out very well, even later today i am having my neighbours over for drinks, a neighbour has just returned from OZ for a few days and we are having a neighbours get together, there is a great atmosphere about the place.

I am also from Baldoyle originally and i really feel the area is great, close to everything and the new park is a joy to have.

My things i dont like are dealing with the management company, I am on the residents committee and i am kept very busy!!

With the builder still building it makes things more difficult to have full control over the company, because thats what we are all part of as fee payers it goes into a company and it needs a lot of management. We also have no idea when the builder will ever be finished here because of the current market which leaves us stuck with KPM for now.

But best of luck with everything feel free to ask questions and welcome!! xx
GOD REWARDS CONSIDERATE NEIGHBOURS WITH JELLY BEANS IN THE AFTER LIFE!!!

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:01 pm

just heard that Dublin City Council have started to hand out houses under their rental scheme - has anyone else heard this - it seems they have bought some of the unsold houses and will rent them out

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Thats great shannon homes would not reduce the price of their houses but they would sell them on to dublin city council to be used for social welfare tenants. Just shows the builders and developers do not care who moves into their estate just once they get their money. I just hope belmayne does not go the same way as a number of estates for example clongriffin who sold a lot of their houses on to dublin city council.

Marshmallow
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby Marshmallow » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 pm

susand wrote:Ina word it 'Great'. If you are shannon homes 2 bed i think it was approx 1,350. The budget has not been finalised for this year yet so not too sure. If you are ground floor with back garden it will be less becauase you will have your own bins to get from DCC but don't worry about that yet. Because the shannon homes are brick built homes they arn't too noisy. There is a curfew in the apartments of no outside noise after 11pm at night i.e. balconies this is just for everyone so that if you are having parties you don't upset each others enjoyment of their home. You will have a parking space assigned to you but any guest are permitted to park only in visitors spaces around the development. This may sound awful but its not and it makes for peace around the whole development.
Now the more exciting stuff. We have 2 playgrounds, a basketball area plenty of foodie places, Tesco or Dunnes & Fresh close by, The Hilton or Campions for drink there is also a GAA club house for the cheap drink up Balgriffin Lane. Then there is the New Park over by Clongriffin which is just lovely. The community here is very nicely mixed with alot of young families starting off, couples and singles. On the whole a very good place to be an as you can see by this website. welcome Home! PM if you need anymore info - Happy to help

Hi :D Thanks for your reply! Oh what you were saying about being a ground floor apartment, well mine is with a shared back garden so do you think i will have bins then? I still havent learned about the prices for the management companies, just hoping they wont be too high :cry: From everything im reading it sounds lovely and i cant wait to get my keys and move in 8)
Just one more thing i was going to ask you if you didnt mind, you know the way it has on the website Samsons homes and different sides and everything well I'm not too sure which part im in :roll: do i sound simple haha its Churhwell Avenue? xx

just

Mons
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Mons » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Marshmallow.

You should ask and get written confirmation of maintenance charges and whether bins are included or not from your selling agent whilst you are in the act of purchasing.

Mons
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Mons » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi Linda,

May I ask a few questions .
How did u find out about houses being sold to DCC for social welfare tennants? Is there a link on their website or was it in the news and do we know are they LM, shannnon homes houses or both?

I hear the the council has bought in the Coast and lets say those who have purchased and have high monthly mortgages(& saved for deposits) are in my opinion justifiably unhappy that others are getting the same accomodation for very low monthly rents.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:21 am

hi mons i did not say anything about social welfare tenants - I was told by a friend of mine that a girl she knows got a house around at the park in Balymayne from DCC she was offered the house 2 weeks ago and got the keys last week she was previously a tenant of DCC in a city centre complex and it is not shared ownership or any of these schemes basically DCC will be renting house to her.

blackstudio
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby blackstudio » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Linda wrote:hi mons i did not say anything about social welfare tenants - I was told by a friend of mine that a girl she knows got a house around at the park in Balymayne from DCC she was offered the house 2 weeks ago and got the keys last week she was previously a tenant of DCC in a city centre complex and it is not shared ownership or any of these schemes basically DCC will be renting house to her.

Hi Guys,

Could it be the case that DCC have a portion of properties in there that they are not selling on the schemes at the moment and are deciding to rent them out?

Is the builder now doing this too, renting out unsold units?

There was an ad in the back of the metro the other day offering apartments in Belmayne, Clongriffin and Marsfield on the affordable housing scheme at the 195k mark.
GOD REWARDS CONSIDERATE NEIGHBOURS WITH JELLY BEANS IN THE AFTER LIFE!!!

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:04 pm

yes there is now an advert too under affordable housing on the DCC website for Belmayne so maybe thats what they did they decided to rent them out as they couldnt sell them

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi linda can i just ask you what other kind of tenant rents from dublin county council the majority of tenants who rent from DCC are social welfare. Tenants receive as dove said the RAS scheme which is a rent supplement paid by the government as a social welfare payment. This scheme is for people who are in receipt of rent allowance and living in private rented acccommodation for 18 months. There are several contracts available one of them is a long term arrangement between developers and DCC to secure long term availabilty of accommodation. And i doubt there are people renting on the affordable scheme what type of rent would they be paying and who would they be paying it to it would not make sense. The affordable scheme was introduced to help people to buy their homes not to rent them out, no scheme exists to do this. Maybe what has been reported already on this site about the settled travellers is one of these houses.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:18 pm

hi shirley i can assure you that there are lots of people paying high rents to DCC who have never gone about securing a mortgage for themselves and work in 9 to 5 jobs and pay a weekly rent based on their income - i understand this is dead money as is renting to private landlords but not all DCC tenants are on SOCIAL WELFARE i have friends who rent from DCC and are not in receipt of Social Welfare or any supplementary payments they basically got their accommodation many years back from DCC and pay the weekly rent to them and are eligible for transfers to different locations if they so wish.

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”