Where do we stand now ??

Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Aud21
Active User
Active User

Where do we stand now ??

Postby Aud21 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:35 pm

I am just reading all the problems with the LM side of the development and rumours about Stanley Holdings and LM "apparantly going bust" and just wondering does anyone know where is leaves the people who have bought from Shannon Homes. I know that Shannon Homes have pulled out of development and that they were in talks with LM to buy the remaining units from them to try and sell (there is a whole block of Shannon Homes units empty - must be at least 80 units vacant) which obviously now won't happen. We have no road signs at all indicating road names in the Shannon Homes part of the development and the way the roads in and out of the development are left is a disgrace, however because the devleopment was primarily owned by LM, the roads will not be handed over to Dublin City Council until all the units are completed and this now looks like a far cry from happening - so are we stuck with a very unfinished estate and one half of a road not open for the very very far future ahead? I lived in a new estate years ago and this happened in this development where the roads were left unfinished until all the units were completed.

AshM
Regular User
Regular User

Postby AshM » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi Everyone. I have found references to ongoing disagreements between Stanley Holdings and the county council about the price for the land going back months. It's in reference to the land which was to be developed for the town centre and more residential units. The responsibility for the lack of foresight will lie with the county council and they will have to accept the lower offer or find another developer. They won't get away with leaving things as they are and as residents we need to be clear where we stand on the matter.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:11 am

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”