Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

ek
Active User
Active User

Closed road

Postby ek » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 am

Hi guys

just wondering did anyone hear about the entrance at the shannon home part of belmayne. Is it temporary or permanent ?

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:38 am

Hi there,
Unfortunately it was in the original plans so afraid its permanent.

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Dee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 am

Do you know if they are closing it off altogether or will their be a pedestrian entrance/exit?

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 am

I am afraid I don't know..

ek
Active User
Active User

Postby ek » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

Thanks susand.
Do you know if there are plans for an entrance on the Malahide road end or is the plan just for the one entrance

thegasman
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby thegasman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:20 pm

it looks like the road blocked off at the end of churchwell avenue will be re-opened as they have put in a "yeild" sign so it looks temporary to me.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:27 pm

I was told by the builder and the management company thats its going to be closed off but there will be a gate for pedestrians.

An observation whilst driving through the estate is that if you go up by the childrens playarea just to drive real slow as the best kids in the world when they are called for tea just run across without looking.

Also as the streets are narrow small kids can wonder onto the road between the cars and so even if your in such a hurry leave early don't risk an accident on our estate.

Aud21
Active User
Active User

Re: Road Closed

Postby Aud21 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:33 am

I have been speaking to Neil in KPM about this - I mailed him last week and he said he wasn't aware of any road closures but would look into it for me - didn't hear anything back and then this morning mailed him again and this is what I got back this morning....

Hi Audrey,

It’s not the council or LM Developments. It’s the people who are building the school. I haven’t been able to find out exact details of what they are doing and how long the expect this to last. I’ve asked those with a little more influence than I to investigate further. I was told in the nicest possible way to mind my own business. Some builders only really talk to us property managers when they want something or to complain.

The team at LM are trying to find out for us.

Regards,

Neil

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Dee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am

Hi there
Neil from KPM has told me a slightly differnet story on Friday- that the closure is only temporary while they finish off the road and redirect the river to prevent flooding and that the road would be open again soon to both traffic and pedestrians. he seemed to know all about it last week.
Dee

Aud21
Active User
Active User

Re: Road Closed

Postby Aud21 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi
Funnily enough when I spoke to him about it last week he did mention something about re-directing a river - but then never mentioned it again in other emails. Very strange - 2 different stories !!
A

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”