KPM meeting/Shannon Homes

Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

susand
Has no life

KPM meeting/Shannon Homes

Postby susand » Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Dear All

In Shannon Homes Belmayne side well KPM Neil has asked if there are any outstanding issues in relation to the buildings ie Drains/ guttering/doors not fitting or anything to do with the externals of the build to please email him on nkeegan@kpm.ie. He will not be able to respond to everyone individually but will bring the matters up with them at a meeting being held next week.

This is a very positive move from the management company and I welcome it.

cands
Active User
Active User

Postby cands » Thu May 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Don't want to be negative , but I am still waiting on shannon homes and KPM to get back to me since March 11th 2008 in relation to the pipes in the attic .... so although Neil has all the complaints in hand, it does not mean that it'll will be sorted straight away

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Thu May 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I think everyone who uses this website could echo that but he has come and asked and think this is a positive move so lets not be negative. I know its hard when we have to spend a part of everyday dealing with this but lets just give him a chance... I love my home couldn't have mooved to a better place though and for that I am thankful...

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Steevo » Fri May 23, 2008 6:15 am

I'm also waiting since March 12th to get a light fixed in the back laneways... Ah well!
Susand, Did Neil send out newsletters looking for feedback or mention anything about setting up a residents commitee?

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Fri May 23, 2008 7:13 am

Steevo

Yes he did mention a newsletter and committee. He suggested that 1 or 2 persons off each road to get together and form a committee. This we should be in a better position to do once the meeting has taken place and build issues resolved etc.. Don't quote me on this Ime just an ordinary resident. Send it all the KPM.. The more complaints the merrier and so then we will get sorted sooner rather than later causing considerable cost to us the residents.

Aud21
Active User
Active User

Re:

Postby Aud21 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Not sure if people want to hear this... but Shannon Homes are pulling out of the St Samsons part of Belmayne. They cannot sell any more of the houses and are in negotiations with Stanley Holdings at the moment to see if Stanley will take over the sale of the rest of them. They have gone to Stanley as realistically it is probably in the best interest of Stanley to take over the rest of the estate as when people drive in, the St Samsons part is the first part they see and if people are seeing lots of empty houses - it doesn't look good. I have also been asked about drainage problems etc as Shannon Homes are trying to compile a list of outstanding problems that need to be addressed before the handover is completed. Also something to note - apparantly there is a 30k outstanding bill owed to the company who have been assessing the drainage problems and if this is not sorted before the handover happens, this will apparantly be added onto out management fees for the coming year - this also seems to be why we haven't receievd our bill for renewal of management fees this year, they are trying to sort this out. Have also been told that there was a buyer looking to buy 100 of the vacant Shannon Home units - and this to me and my neighbours screams social housing, which I am sure Stanley Holdings will not want either.

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Dee » Tue May 27, 2008 3:47 pm

where did you hear this? I certainly hope bill is not going to have to be paid by us.....

Aud21
Active User
Active User

RE:

Postby Aud21 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm

My neighbour has been asked by shannon homes to ask residents about drainage and they told them about the bill. She has also been talking to management company about same.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 pm

The shannon homes part is yes the first part but as you move into the L & M side there are many many more houses/apartments unsold so I don't think it likely that stanley holdings want more houses to sell they have enough on their own plate. Our block 11 apartment is almost full with only 1 unit empty then most of the houses are occupied around except 2 to the right of the corner and 3 in the middle up the other side.

If Shannon Homes are selling to Stanley holdings then surely they will have to repair the problems i.e like a snag list before stanley take over also to pay any unpaid bills much the same as the rest of us. The outstanding bill re the drainage will have to be bourne by them as they have not handed over to the management company as yet. Yes I guess I am being a little nieve but Ide like to think ime being optimistic.

Even though there are drainage issues and some other small issues I am still happy with my home, I intend to stay here for a long time to come and hope to see the estate mature and help to build a strong community spirit. Social and affordable housing is our young people growing and moving forward with their dreams and hopes and i am sure they will take as much pride in their homes as we do and respect one another as we all will as we grow.

thegasman
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby thegasman » Tue May 27, 2008 10:48 pm

[quote="susand"] I am still happy with my home, I intend to stay here for a long time to come and hope to see the estate mature and help to build a strong community spirit. Social and affordable housing is our young people growing and moving forward with their dreams and hopes and i am sure they will take as much pride in their homes as we do and respect one another as we all will as we grow.[/quot]

well said susand!

John Far_IE
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

RE: Pipes

Postby John Far_IE » Fri May 30, 2008 12:49 pm

To be honest, I don't think they'll get away with passing the drainage bill on. All homes are covered by a 10 year gaurantee structurally and if there is a problem with Drainage, that is structural (surveyor's son speaking here). The problem with the drains is that in a lot of cases the pipes were laid at too flat an angle so that things clog up. If there was more of a slope things would flow through easier. the only way this is going to be fixed is relaying the pipes. Otherwise we're always going to have problems with them

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”