Kids urinating around the estate

Addresses include Belmayne Park South, Churchwell Square, Churchwell Road, Churchwell Mews, Churchwell Close

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Kids urinating around the estate

Post by flick » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Can't believe I've been driven to post about this. Have witnessed young boys (I'm talking 8-10yrs old) urinating in empty doorways on Churchwell Road and also around P7's courtyard entrance. It's disgusting. First time I saw it I was totally shocked and recently have let out a yell when I've seen it. It looks AWFUL. How are these kids being dragged up?? Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas on how to deal with it?

Eeeek
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Kids urinating around the estate

Post by Eeeek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:10 am

Have seen the same on Main St done by grown men on numerous occassions!

When the hoarding was still up that was a prime spot and now that its gone the flower pots/stands in front of the chipper and shop are used. One evening I observed three guys in their 20s urinating against the flower stands in full view of everyone at about 10pm. I let roar at them from my balcony and they just responded by 'displaying' themselves to me. Nice.....

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:23 am

I've seen 2 men myself too....the gate to our courtyard was left open and they came in and urinated into the balcony of an apartment!!! I was out on our balcony at the time and they knew I could see them. At my wits end with this place to be honest :(

Saddens me more to see the kids doing it as I know they actually live in the estate....they are not just passing through and buying chips or whatever. We are going to be faced with these horrible kids in 5/6/7 years when they are teenagers and God knows what kind of anti social behaviour they'll engage in then...Honestly don't know how they are being brought up....lots seem to be left out to play on the roads all day from early til late. It's a disgrace.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm

It's actually a crime to urinate public.

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:55 am

If only that bothered them Nell...

Maybe it's just around this part of Belmayne but there are some awful kids wandering the streets throwing stones, cursing, urinating and generally causing havoc. They're not old either which makes me wonder (a) what they'll be like in a few years and (b) where the hell their parents are.

Anyway not much can be done so it seems. I just thought people might have some suggestions or ideas about how we could deal with them...

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:26 pm

There are a "settled " group of 4 families around Park south and Churchwell Road who are destroying the estate
Ive a horse outside!!

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:31 pm

All that I can suggest is that this information is brought to the attention of the mgt agent - within the lease of everyones tenancy is not to engage in anti social behaviour. It will be brought to the attention of the landlords. I have experience of dealing with it and got a result. But you have to be willing to report what's going on.

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 am

I will report it to mgt co Nell but wondering what they will/can do about it? No real evidence as to who these kids are. I'll report what I've seen though and maybe something will come of it. Thanks

Mons
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Mons » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

You could contact DCC housing or what ever body owns the housing the 4 families are in to report the anti-social behaviour. There are rules to tenancy..and they need to log reports of bad behaviour. Your details will be confidential. Not sure if mgt co/developers will be that concerned as they are getting paid their mngt fee/rent from these bodies and some private landlords.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:39 am

I'd agree with Mons to a certain extent, actually if the property is leased out by DCC or a housing agency you should have more luck in dealing with problem tenants as they are stricter with who they rent to and what the tenants must adhere to, private landlords are more of a problem but you can also complain via the
PTRB. PM if you want a hand.

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 am

Unfortunately there have been a few different kids that I've seen. The cold weather should deter them....total joke all the same....am pretty sick of seeing anti social behaviour around the estate from small kids and teenagers. Parents should be keeping a closer eye on them. That's the bottom line.