hoarding fence accident waiting to happen!!!

Addresses include Belmayne Park South, Churchwell Square, Churchwell Road, Churchwell Mews, Churchwell Close

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

hoarding fence accident waiting to happen!!!

Post by rebelfido » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:01 pm

and on a slightly different note to all that's going on in belmayne at the moment the tragic circumstances of the poor child being killed in longford in an unfinished estate my deepest sympathy with the family and to try and further prevent a horrific incident happening again there should be something done about the state of the hoarding fence that has fallen down in huge sections around the estate and has exposed acces to dangerous unfinished areas of of the estate! i will email mgmt company however i feel a few emails from a few residents will have more weight behind it!

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: hoarding fence accident waiting to happen!!!

Post by belwoman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Rebelfido,
Agree with you here. We need to get DCC involved as well. Do you want to send a mail to belmaynebalgriffin@gmail.com and we can send that over to DCC?
Regards,
Bel

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:09 am

i sent one to mgmt company but one to dcc would probably be a better idea i'll write a new one and send it on to you probably be monday night or tuesday before i get round to it

sby
Regular User
Regular User

Post by sby » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 am

I have a 3 year old son and after last weeks events it showed me how easy something like this can happen. I've emailed DCC and copied Phil Hogan the minister for the environment. He has ordered a report on last weeks tragic events. If you want to forward on any communication to him his email is minister@environ.ie. It might not do any extra but at least it's one more person who has been informed.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Was talking to DCC about it. They won't be doing anything with the hoarding for the moment. But I encourage everyone else to contact them aswell to apply pressure. That's the only reason the last lot came down - pressure from residents.

sby
Regular User
Regular User

Post by sby » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:48 am

I've been notified that my email has been forwarded on to the "Senior Engineer for investigation and reply", I'll let you know if he comes back with anything interesting.