Dog Poo & CCTV

All residents association discussion

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

AlfStewart
New face
New face

Dog Poo & CCTV

Post by AlfStewart » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Long term resident first time user of the forum.

There have been a number of issues that have been getting progressively worse at the area where the square meets the mayne river.

There is a hydrant sign at the corner of the square near the river where people have been bringing their dogs to do their business. this is disgusting and dangerous, especially for children.

There are teenagers, children and even adults regularly hanging around the tunnel area of the river and where st samsons meets the belmayne round about. it is also becoming a dumping ground for rubbish.

I am wondering why this is the only corner of st samsons that does not have CCTV when it is the most vulnerable to abuse? I think CCTV would at least act as a deterrent for both these issues.

Lenny
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Dog Poo & CCTV

Post by Lenny » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:43 pm

I know what you mean. There were a few office chairs in the river there last time I was around.

I'm a dog nut and I agree with you about the crap. Its everywhere. I always pick up after mine and I was even laughed at for doing it.

I take mine out every morning for a run and I see a lot of people doing the same but heading home as soon as a turd hits the grass. It gives the rest of us a bad name and I hate it.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:19 pm

The management company has been monitoring people not cleaning up after their dogs. They know who the offenders are and they intend to deal with them soon.

Dove
Has no life

Post by Dove » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Nell wrote:The management company has been monitoring people not cleaning up after their dogs. They know who the offenders are and they intend to deal with them soon.

Good, because I was in the playground yesterday and some kids had a small black dog in there and yes it pooed in the playground and the kids didn't bat an eyelid.
And by the way I have a dog and I carry gloves and a bag with when going walkies.