KPM Information Session

Everything to do with Belmayne

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

mishy
Active User
Active User

KPM Information Session

Postby mishy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 am

Is anyone going on Saturday to this in the Hilton?

Alan
Addicted
Addicted

Re: KPM Information Session

Postby Alan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 pm

didnt hear anything about it, what time is it at and can anyone in belmayne go?

mishy
Active User
Active User

Postby mishy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 am

I just presumed everyone got the same letter. The letter says that "owners of properties in the Belmayne development which is currently managed by KPM will have an opportunity to meet face to face with KPM representatives." Its in the Hilton hotel from 10am to 12.30pm.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:38 pm

It'll be an opportunity to ask any questions about how KPM runs the development but theyre not in charge of the whole fire issue thing.

homer
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby homer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:10 pm

I was very surprised to see this inFormation session set up by KPM and can only assume they are under pressure because they have not had an gam in so long(also have my doubts on the legality of this). Unfortunately I could not attend could someone fill me in on the general details of discussion.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

It's the directors of the mgt company who have not held the AGM rather than KPM. The directors are responsible for it not the mgt agents (KPM).

homer
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby homer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Ok Neill but as the management company they have a responsibility to inform residents how they spend our money. Don't think they held a meeting since they Had a meeting in the visitors centre where residents told them what they thought of them. They should also push the directors for an AGM as they seem to be the only people that can contact them.

Alan
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Alan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 am

KPM, as the management agents, should be advising the directors the of the management company that, by law, they should be having an AGM every year.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Tue May 01, 2012 7:54 pm

KPM have advised the directors of their legal obligations, And recommended that an AGM is held, the directors are legally responsible for complying with company law. The directors are also aware of the legal requirement to comply with the MUD act and have engaged a solicitor to advise them re same. There is little appetite by our law makers or government to enforce such laws regarding multi unit developments and mgt company regulation. Suggest reading the apt owners network website to find put more.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Tue May 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Sorry homer, also directors responsibility for publishing accounts for the mgt co. The directors also sign off on the expenditure for the mgt co.

Return to “General Discussion”