Keep our kids safe!

Anything and everything at all.

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

Belmom
New face
New face

Keep our kids safe!

Postby Belmom » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm

I walk my child to and from school in Belmayne every day and we take our lives in our hands trying to cross the road. Drivers need to slow down and be respectful to children crossing. We have had a couple of near accidents where cars haven't stopped at the stop sign etc.. Can I ask people to please email the developers re: speed ramps or a ped crossing as it's still there responsibility. Maybe also local t.d 's??? Thank you.

Sassy
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Keep our kids safe!

Postby Sassy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 pm

I agree Belmom there are some crazy drivers in this estate, and with the number of children out playing we are lucky nothing has happened! I'm always on the look out and drive very slowly into the estate as you just never know!

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby flick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:47 pm

There actually has been an accident already. Some child was knocked down and broke his leg. Kids shouldn't be allowed to play on the road. Drivers shouldn't be going too fast but ultimately parents should be supervising their children not letting them roam/cycle/scoot around on their own.

Sassy
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Sassy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:28 pm

i didnt hear about that accident that is awful!! no kids shouldnt play on the road i agree, but if a kid is coming home from playing and someone is speeding up the road they dont really have a chance. kids are kids at the end of the day the adults are driving and should have more sense

Cbuc
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Cbuc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:05 pm

I agree that evertone should be driving slower (and actually paying attention to yield signs) but the amount of un supervised kids that just run out from in between parked cars, fly through junctions on bikes or are cycling or one of those swivel things all over the road its a nightmare even going slow.

Many, many a time I see parents walking with prams (side by side with other prams too so they are walking two wide) and kids in tow on bikes (which they are not even looking at adn they are swaying all over) on the roads which il be honest annoys me alot! The roads are small enough as it is and all they are doing with bringing more kids onto the road when theres a nice sized path either side

Sassy
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Sassy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

yeah i've seen quite a few of the older kids on bikes that literally fly through junctions and dont stop, they are the ones that should know better as well

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby flick » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 am

I think some cars are indeed driving too fast but I purposely crawl along for fear of a child running out in front of me. To be honest some of the kids are so small that they wouldn't stand a chance, some of them could hardly be seen they are so small!! In reality small children should have their hands held when in the vicinity of a road and older children shouldn't be allowed to cycle and scoot around the roads as if they were a cycling track...it's just not safe. These kids should be supervised.

Rocksteve
New face
New face

Postby Rocksteve » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:42 pm

To be genuine whatsoever of the kids are so smallish that they wouldn't booth a essay, some of them could hardly be seen they are so runty!! In experience dwarfish children should make their keeping held when in the locality of a way and senior children shouldn't be allowed to cycle and scoot around the roads as if they were a cycling tracki didnt probe some that occurrence that is horrendous!! no kids shouldnt witticism on the way i agree, but if a kid is future residence from playing and someone is movement up the route they dont rattling person a attempt.

pillow
neck pillow

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Can something be done about all these spam posts being put up?

Return to “General Discussion”