Security lock for the main door

Anything and everything at all.

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

gqma0
Has no life

Security lock for the main door

Postby gqma0 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:19 pm

With all the intrusions going on at the moment in the area, I thought a long time ago that a good lockpicker could easily break into a house and rob anything light downstairs during the night.

Even with the partial alarm set, the main hall door sensor leaves 60 or 90 secs before the alarm triggers, that's plenty of time to steal laptop, car keys and other valuables downstairs, So I contacted Stuart from Safenet who recommended me one of his friends who's a locksmith expert

He came today to install us a security lock for the door as well as a lock for the sliding door and he also gave us a few tips

So if you want to feel safer

Stephen Kirwan 086 3076008 or 8904722 after 6PM
Last edited by gqma0 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

key
Regular User
Regular User

Postby key » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:21 am

THink we need to do the same , can we ask was it expensive???

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:11 am

the lock I have is €110 but this is worth it.

He's coming back to change us the lock for the garden door.

key
Regular User
Regular User

Postby key » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am

thanks for that . spoke to the gardai yesterday, someone defo had a go at our front door with a screw driver and it seems we are not the only house tried . the gardai suggest that we all get extra lock for our front and back door. You are right it is worth it, no matter the cost.

Rey
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Rey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:03 am

Thanks for the update on the locks. I had bought an extra lock for the front that I had asked the carpenter to fix but I might reconsider this and get a lock put on professionally on both doors. Was it €110 just for the lock or did that include fitting it?? Did the locksmith provide and fit the locks or do you need to buy your own?

gqma0
Has no life

Locksmith

Postby gqma0 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:21 am

€110 for the lock but there are 2 in fact with one main key. One is the main lock and one for the top. fitting was €60 but he gave me a good discount to do the back door for the garden and put a locking bar as well.

Steve was showing me that the doors are not strong and you can push the top yourself. Lockpicking isn't too difficult with a bit of experience and there are plenty of videos on youtube that shows how.

The original barrel for your door is made of nickel and is easily breakable. I still have the original barrel and can post pictures of it. Honestly, it took him

Now I think about it, I will ask the admin to remove my post on how he broke the lock as other non residents could intentionally use this information

Since we have no local garda station around, we'd better protect ourselves. The burglars don't seem to be afraid to break in when there are ppl in the house.

Don't forget to put your partial alarm in the evening.

key
Regular User
Regular User

Postby key » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:22 pm

morning, just been trying the numbers you posted for steph, the landline rang and a lady answered said I have the wrong number and the mobile has been through to voice mail all morning, are they defo the numbers??? :?

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi.

I have Stephen's work mobile number but he prefers to be contacted on his personal phone.

Just rang him and he's actually at a funeral today and didn't take his mobile.

I mistyped his home number and corrected it in the original post.

Cheers
Gaetan

key
Regular User
Regular User

Postby key » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:35 pm

thank you so much!!!!!! will try him tomorrow :P

key
Regular User
Regular User

Postby key » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 pm

we had steph kirwan out today to fit extra locks on our doors. steph did a really neat job and seems very trustworthy

I also spoke with the management company today regarding safety of the area. They are fully aware of the situation and assure me that are making plans!!
Last edited by key on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gqma0
Has no life

More security in the area

Postby gqma0 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:51 pm

Spoke to Adrian (KPM) today and they're looking after this matter with high priority. Also he said that Sharon had a meeting with the superintendent at Coolock Garda station and they will organise regular patrolling

Also the lock at the gate to access the rubbish will be fixed. The digicode has been broken for a while

dara
New face
New face

Postby dara » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 am

Thanks for letting us know about the security lock for door we got stephen out this morning to change the door lock .

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:10 pm

No Prob

Stephen just replaced the lock of the sliding door and we only have one key for the front and back door. Brilliant

He also showed me how to lock the sliding door with a piece of wood when going away on holidays. He said that some people want the sliding door lock but they could save €190 by using a piece of wood

I'll post a picture

CHeers
Gaetan

Regular User
Regular User

Postby newbie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:02 am

Hi
I also got Stephen Kirwan to fit the locks on my doors on saturday and he was excellent, am delighted with it and would definitely recommend him
feel much safer now :D

Ramshaw
Active User
Active User

Postby Ramshaw » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone had problems with their extra door locks? We got Stephen to fit one and it has just broken for the second time - he replaced the first one straightaway no problem and he's gonna take a look again but just wanted to know if it's happened to anyone else?

Return to “General Discussion”