Car Parking....Link to Labour TD website.

Anything and everything at all.

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

Dove
Has no life

Car Parking....Link to Labour TD website.

Postby Dove » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 am

http://www.labour.ie/tommybroughan/news ... 70344.html

Article about management companies in Belmayne and Clongriffin charging a nominal fee for parking :?:
Have I had my head in the sand here and missed something.
I hope this is a wind up :shock: :?

fasteddie
Has no life

Re: Car Parking....Link to Labour TD website.

Postby fasteddie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:40 am

Dove they are bringing in that System in Clongriffin alright, Havent heard anything about Belmayne could be just who ever wrote that thinks we are all the same estate!!
Ive a horse outside!!

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Well I hope it doesn't go ahead anywhere.
Why should we have to pay extra for car spaces we have already paid for.
Seems they are having enough trouble trying to collect the annual fees.
People can not afford another hit. Pure bloody greed.
Something is gonna give with Management companies down the line.

fasteddie
Has no life

Postby fasteddie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Agreed Dove. But soon the management will have to do something about parking , bleeding nightmare lately!!
Had a good one the other night some tool actually parked bogey over two spaces!! :cry:
Ive a horse outside!!

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I think this is what management agents talking about to try and stop people parking in other peoples spots which is a big problem in some parts of the development. Parking permit system.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 am

For the life of me, I just can not understand why people park in spots that are numbered and clearly not theirs for the taking. Particularly when there are so many empty units they could park at. Pure utter laziness and disregard for others in my humble opinion.
Maybe there is a case for the management company doing houswork in this area but it should not cost us more money. As far as I can see we are paying them handsomely for their services and they should "manage" the estate and if that includes the parking so be it. If anyone should pay it is the a**es parking where they shouldn't and that includes the idiot on park north who insists on parking his heap of crap on the road. Why in the name of all that is holy is he still getting away with this offence. Not only is he/she increasing the risk of an accident but I have personally witnessed a car in front of me clipping the side mirror of a properly parked car on the other side of the road trying to get pass this moran.
Anyway, rant over for now :D

fasteddie
Has no life

Postby fasteddie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Wow Dove thats a rant, Problem is a note on the windscreen normally works but You get the odd Bogey who if you put a note on his windscreen god knows what would happen your car!!!

Eventually i think we will need a system where some type of patrol is done and offenders clamped!
A lot pf this comes back to landlords renting to any scum bag , Landlords should have to go through the dos and donts of the estate and lease , all they want is the money in there account every month and feck the people who have to deal with these yobs!!! (not saying all renters are bad but its getting a joke now how many people are renting and dont do a days work)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o
Ive a horse outside!!

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I agree Ed that eventually the parking will have to be sorted, but like I said a long time ago, there is still a lot of property unsold in Belmayne. In fact a lot of it is rented by the estate agents having never been sold.
The ultimate aim would be to sell this property obviously, now how many people are going to buy in an estate with clampers and parking patrol. Why would they?
On another note, people out there are really struggling with their mortgages right now and this can only get worse. While I am not saying if I was in this position I would rent to any scally, you do what you have to do to keep your home. I recently spoke to some one who has had to move back to the parents renting the house in Belmayne, otherwise they would have lost her home.
There is not a lot of work out there right now fasteddie, and of what is available the salary and wages are actually shocking not to mention insulting. It is sadly true that people are better off on social welfare having their rents paid right now.

fasteddie
Has no life

Postby fasteddie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I agree with you Dove 100% people do what they can to save there home but my beef is with Investors who own a rake of apartments and give them to a letting agent!! :)
Ive a horse outside!!

Cbuc
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Cbuc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Sure even the visitor spaces are not done properly, they are all over the place in random spots, and other times ive seen one house with 2 spots (same style) out the back and the front. One of the apartments beside us uses their own space plus another space which is not theirs right at my back door even though there are visitor spots right beside it, laziness is all it is.

If its not your spot then dont park in it, you never know when it may become occupied. Anywhoo if they try charge more I for one will fight tooth and nail against it. We pay enough as it is and should have 1 and 1/2 spaces per house...yet i dont see where that half is as i can barely open my car door with the other cars beside mine.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Basic point is of you rent your house out and you only have one space you should tell your tenants that they have one space and they can't have 4 cars per house parking here there and everywhere. That's one of the reasons KPM are considering the parking permit system. In fairness to KPM aswell guys I wouldn't say they are getting huge sums for running Belmayne (no I don't work for them!) they were actually owed money by the mgt company and they carried on. Eventually when MUD kicks in they will be working for the owners mgt co at the moment they have to work mainly for the developer directors. The guys on Belmayne park north seem to be infamous at this stage and they're being dealt with by the mgt agents.

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Nell » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Ps if you know of any tenants or landlord not adhering to the house rules as set out in the leases the purchasers signed then they should be reported to KPM immediately who can deal with them. Worst thing to do is let things lie and allow rented houses to become doss houses. If KPM don't have e information they can't act.

fasteddie
Has no life

Postby fasteddie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Nell wrote:Basic point is of you rent your house out and you only have one space you should tell your tenants that they have one space and they can't have 4 cars per house parking here there and everywhere. That's one of the reasons KPM are considering the parking permit system. In fairness to KPM aswell guys I wouldn't say they are getting huge sums for running Belmayne (no I don't work for them!) they were actually owed money by the mgt company and they carried on. Eventually when MUD kicks in they will be working for the owners mgt co at the moment they have to work mainly for the developer directors. The guys on Belmayne park north seem to be infamous at this stage and they're being dealt with by the mgt agents.

The craze over my way with a few renting is my space is 1 min extra walk so Ill just park in someone elses spot closer to my door!!! Theres gonna be fisty cuffs some day a lad on my road does be like a bull with them!!
Ive a horse outside!!

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby tomf » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Actually, it was something we mooted over in St Samson's .
Basically, the idea was that people would get permit for number of spaces they own with their unit + 1.
THis would have been done as card or sticker on window. If card then, of course, you would need a database of reg number against card number to ensure cards were no sold on.
If there were any spare spaces remaining then, these could be ''rented'' on annual basis to generate extra revenue and to cover the cost of the service.
It would avoid landlords renting 3 bed apartments to 6 people and all with cars ( 6 cars for 2 parking spots)

We did not implement in the end as spaces were not that big an issue.
However, there is another ''benefit'' to implement this service. Think of reg numbers allocated to parking spaces and people being in arrears on management fees. Well then, of course, one could say their parking rights are also removed. Clampers would have a field day and might encourage/persuade people to keep up with management fees.
However, would need a very strong Management group to implement that.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:51 am

Hi tomf,

Have a feeling I know what you are going to reply but thought I'd ask anyway!!
On what grounds could KPM stop one parking in ones own car space, bought and signed for at the time of house purchase. I am talking about dedicated car spaces which may or may not be numbered but are drawn up on a map in solicitors office.
Just curious, thats all :)

Return to “General Discussion”