Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Dublin Bus Route Revisions to Howth Road services and Routes

Post by tomf »

Email from Peter Coyle on the changes to bus routes:

Dear Councillor Coyle,

Further to our conversation earlier this week, I am pleased to inform you that, as part of Network Direct, a revised network of services will be introduced in the Dublin North East area, commencing Sunday 18th November. These changes will significantly improve the public transport options for customers with the following key benefits:

• Route 29a will be extended to Baldoyle
• Route 31a will connect Sutton (Strand Road area) to Howth Harbour and Village, seven days a week
• Route 32/32a & 32b will be combined and all services will operate as route 32 from Malahide, via the Coast Road, Baldoyle and the Howth Road QBC to the City Centre (Abbey Street). (Route 32b customers in Abbey Park please note route 29a will be extended via Grange Road to serve this area)
• Route 32 will serve Robswall, Biscayne, Island View, Seapark and The Moorings estates
• Route 32x will have additional stops on the Clontarf Road, improving connections to UCD from the area
• The timetables on route 29a, 31,31a & 32 will be integrated, offering a five minute service between Raheny and the city centre
• Route 42 will be realigned to significantly improve the frequency of service to Portmarnock, Malahide (The Hill) and Seabury. Its route will be as follows: Sands Hotel, Wendell Avenue, The Hill, Church Road, Malahide Road, Seabury (Yellow Walls Road, Swords Road), Malahide Road QBC to city centre (Eden Quay)
• The timetables on route 42 and 43 will be integrated, improving the service on the Malahide Road

These changes follow an intensive period of consultation and will better meet the needs of customers. Dublin Bus will continually monitor the performance of the services post introduction and changes, where necessary, will be implemented. Please find attached copies of the revised timetables. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty