Water Problems tonight 22/10 ?

Everything to do with Belmayne

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Dove
Has no life

Water Problems tonight 22/10 ?

Postby Dove » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi, our water pump is acting up tonight and we have no water other than from the mains. Just wondering is it just us or is any one else having an issue. We are in a house with apartment over us.
Worst case scenario, has any one got a number for a plumber in the locale.
Thanks.

Dove
Has no life

Re: Water Problems tonight 22/10 ?

Postby Dove » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:24 am

Just an update if any one interested. It was our water pump that died. So no water for toilets, heating and appliances. Called in a local plumber and he tapped around etc etc, then told me it would cost 800-1000 yoyo to replace. He fixed it very temporarily, in fact he probably hadn't even shut the door in his van and it was gone again. Luckily, I had read other posts here. I tried calling a few of the recommendations but not one of them answered.
Then I called http://www.irishappliancerepair.com and they came out and replaced the board thing and the whole thing cost me 170 euro. Have to say these guys were very professional, helpful and friendly and I would have no hesitation in recommending them. Also got a six month warranty.
Absolutely delighted, feel like I have saved myself 800 euro. Just goes to show though, first fella either couldn't have been bothered or didn't know his stuff.

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Dove.

If you have the same pump as ours, they're meant to last up to 10yrs. My pump failed on me within the year we moved in so the developer had it replaced at a high cost but all they need is simply a service

See my post here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2109&p=10885&hilit=stuart#p10885

showerdoctors.ie were the official servicing company for stuart but they were charging a callout fee. Thanks for sharing this. The board was €45 at the time

Cheers.
G

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi ggma0,

You are right there, probably did just need to be serviced. When you think about it they do a lot of work particularly when it is a negative one as ours is. Three bathrooms, kitchen appliances on 2 times a day most days. I am only glad it cost me 170 euro as opposed to 1000, that would have killed us!
I think the board was 60 or therabouts and the capacitor 40ish. He also did a few other bits, checked the gas fire which had started to act up the night before when we had no heating, and widened something on the 3 toilets. I swear when it rains!!
Any way I did try shower doctors but didn't get a reply and needed it done asap.
I have to say the crowd I got in were brilliant and would get them again.
Hopefully we get another few years out of it.
It's the little things :lol: :lol:

Thanks,
K

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 pm

apart from the board, the capacitor is quite expensive. I mean they can get them for less than €10 and even for branded quality ones. Anyway, it's great you shared the experience and it will save money to others

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shee » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the info on this thread - I'd no water in the toilets and dishwasher and washing machine not working properly - KPM were in and said water pump needs replacing so I was expecting a high enough bill, but rang the company below and within an hour I had an engineer here - he replaced the PC Board and capacitor and thankfully the bill was €220 - was brave enough to try do ANY of it myself

Again thanks for posting the info

http://www.irishappliancerepair.com/

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:33 am

Delighted you got sorted, found them great and would use them again :)

Return to “General Discussion”