Planes...

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

choco
Active User
Active User

Planes...

Post by choco » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:54 pm

Is any body else starting to become more effected by the early morning noise into Dublin Airport? Is there anything that can be done ?

markos
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by markos » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:45 pm

have you ever been on an early morning flight out of or into dublin airport?

gqma0
Has no life

Post by gqma0 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:16 am

Choco, what time does it affect you ? To be honest, I can see the planes passing by my window and I can't really say they are noisy when landing but they are when taking off. It all depends how the winds turn and I'm not really sure there's much that can be done apart from putting another layer of sound insulation.

Markos, not sure I understand your point.

markos
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by markos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:52 pm

my point is,if you were on a flight heading for spain would you be bothered about the noise the plane you are sitting on was making?
i know it wouldnt even enter my mind,dublin airport was here well before belmayne was.i just think people moan on this site over silly little things that cant be changed,i think we are lucky to be so near to the airport.

choco
Active User
Active User

Reply to planes

Post by choco » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:58 pm

I do use the airport, about monthly however I like moaning . please dont put a damper on my moaning by moaning about me! Its what Irish do best..

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 am

you are right choco. This site is used by many for information and to find out whats on and what gone wrong. Over the year I have found it invaluable and Its good to get everyones opinion even if it is just to let off a little steam from time to time.

The planes do take your attention sometimes but you know its like if the place was next to the railway line one just gets used to it.

On the other hand we have a pump in our hall in the apartment and it sounds like concord going off all the time sometimes by as much as every 6 seconds and during the night as well over the months that I have asked for it to be fixed we have reached a stalemate with Shannon homes /Management company and warranty issue with the Pump supplier. (My moan over but you know its good to moan and you are right Choco. Its good to moan)... You know what Ile just have to get used to it!!!

gqma0
Has no life

Post by gqma0 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:41 pm

How about a good set of earplugs ? :wink:

Markos, got you on this one. You're right. We chose to live beside the ariport but I don't think ppl in Castlemoyne or St Samson's are comnplaining much about the noise. So maybe it's an issue with sound insulation or maybe we just got used to it.

So to come back to the action plan, see if it affects other residents and if it really does, maybe you should check with the developper about the sound level and improve the insulation.

G

caver
Active User
Active User

water pump

Post by caver » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:39 am

Just saw your problem re the water pump. I'm in Belmayne. When we were moving into our house a few weeks ago we snagged the water pressure as weak and they put in a water pump. It was driving us crazy as 1. its so noisy and 2. it uses alot of energy hence our bills would be high. We spoke to LM about this as my brother tolds us they should have put in a SEPERATE pump so we could switch it on and off. Obviously they weren't going to make this chnage for us... so.. to stop the blinkin noise we go to the fuse box and pull it out with a little key after we have our showers in the morning. Ours is located just outside the hotpress door. Hope this helps! :)

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks for your note re pump. Would love to do that but its the communal pump in the apartments and am sure the folks upstairs would be very unhappy with that course of action!!!

caver
Active User
Active User

Post by caver » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:26 am

That's a pitty. You would think they would have put in seperate pumps for each household. Its very noisy, perhaps you have grounds to tell them to do something about it. My sis lives in an apartment and she doesn't have that problem. :?

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi there we do all have individual pumps but this is a huge pump in under the stairs.

pienie
Active User
Active User

Free phone line for airport noise

Post by pienie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi, there is a free phone number you can ring to report noisy planes. You just leave your name, address and time of noisy plane and they'll respond to you in writing. I must say it's always the same letter, but they have to record every complaint and at least it will add to the number of people complaining about the noise, especially the night flights. I take the point that the airport was there long before our estates, but planes go off course sometimes and even 50m closer or further away makes a difference in the noise. Number is 1800 200 034.

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Steevo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:58 pm

I wonder if they might move the airport????? :?

mcmahol
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by mcmahol » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:58 pm

I dont want to come across as being smart here but everybody knew where the airport was when they purchased their home. We are all living right in one of the flight paths and knew that when we signed on the dotted line!!! Planes go off course from time to time but the main reason for the that is the weather, nobody can alter that! Plane noise is a fact of life living in North Dublin and to be honest I dont even notice the planes anymore.

pienie
Active User
Active User

Post by pienie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:15 pm

The fact that we knew our houses/apartments are under the flight path doesn't mean we can call the free number to complain about excessive noise. They are building a new runway (which wasn't there when we signed) which will add to the airport noise. Choco asked if there's anything we can do and I'm just saying there is a free phone number you can ring to complain.