Travellers camping at Marsfield

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

Dove
Has no life

Re: Travellers camping at Marsfield

Post by Dove » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:26 am

Believe me, I do not want them any nearer. It would be a disaster. And yes it is illegal.
PC I can be but not on this issue.

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Mark please do not be so offensive. If you knew me you would know I am not one of the travelling community however everyone has choices and I respect your opinion and that of everyone but its a very thin line we all are now finding ourselves on. You only have to see that documentary about Chicago- All respectable people living in a cardboard city while their houses are boarded up due to non payment.

We are all very fortunate but we don't know what lies around the corner. They have chosen to live the way they do, and we have chosen ours if you highlight it they will make a move up here cos they will be moved from there its what they do. Illegal! yes

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:15 pm

I hope they are moved on a.s.a.p they are only parked up there to try get a pay out!!!
While they are all there everyone make sure your doors are locked proper!!
Ive a horse outside!!

doreilly
Addicted
Addicted

Post by doreilly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:37 pm

The sooner they are moved on the better for everyones sake.

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 am

Hi guys,
Got this from Clongriffin Forum....seems like it's good news!!

Good news from Cllr Crimmins:

I have been informed that there is a court order in to have the travelers removed from their current location.

I hope that this will be resolved in the very near future.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Cllr Pat Crimmins PC

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Thats good news but now we have to make sure our management company is working for us in ensuring they keep the place secure being vigilent that the park double gates are locked.

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:48 pm

If you're worried about it maybe email mgt co and ask about it....

fatherstack
Regular User
Regular User

Post by fatherstack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 am

Guys while they are down there they are not up here. Because that land opposit eurospar is ideal for them. The poor creatures have to live somewhere, I know its not our chosen way but it is theirs and none of us know in the future for sure if we are going to be homeless. ie there but for the grace of god go I. I also know you are going to say all about the mess that they leave but have you seen the state of the bin areas around our settled areas appauling. They don't have the option of bin collections. So long as they don't interfer with us and the authoraties are aware I suggest we turn a blind eye and hope that next they chose a seaside location. Ime trying to show balance here. Don't shoot me!

I can honestly say i have never read such rubbish in all my life.Your view is certainly in the minority . Are these the same poor creatures that drive 09 and 10 vans that cost 25,ooo plus. Are these the same poor creatures that leave such a mess its left to others to clean up for months after. Sure why dont we all just trespass and set up camp where we choose and as for paying taxes sure whats the need for that we could simply it down to our way of life not to contribute!!!.

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:05 am

lovely
Last edited by susand on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:06 am

Lovely

nicki2
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nicki2 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:16 pm

susand wrote:Guys while they are down there they are not up here. Because that land opposit eurospar is ideal for them. The poor creatures have to live somewhere, I know its not our chosen way but it is theirs and none of us know in the future for sure if we are going to be homeless. ie there but for the grace of god go I. I also know you are going to say all about the mess that they leave but have you seen the state of the bin areas around our settled areas appauling. They don't have the option of bin collections. So long as they don't interfer with us and the authoraties are aware I suggest we turn a blind eye and hope that next they chose a seaside location. Ime trying to show balance here. Don't shoot me!

Ah come off it Susand (are you for real?) Dont we have enough around us, N32 ('10 reg cars are always coming out of their) and just opposite Clare Hall Tesco (where they own horses and care nothing for them, leave them out and baby fouls in all types of weather with no shelter and no food) and just before the roundabout - will i go on ???

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

So what Ime in the minority! Live and let live.

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Guys while they are down there they are not up here. Because that land opposit eurospar is ideal for them. The poor creatures have to live somewhere, I know its not our chosen way but it is theirs and none of us know in the future for sure if we are going to be homeless. ie there but for the grace of god go I. I also know you are going to say all about the mess that they leave but have you seen the state of the bin areas around our settled areas appauling. They don't have the option of bin collections. So long as they don't interfer with us and the authoraties are aware I suggest we turn a blind eye and hope that next they chose a seaside location. Ime trying to show balance here. Don't shoot me!

I have to say I'm not going to shoot you but i feel extremely annoyed with your very near short sightedness I work with travellers and yes most of them prefer to live there lives in caravans on someone elses land mess it up and move on to the next place! they also mostly drive new or newish N.I or U.K cars trucks vans suvs illegally in the R.O.I they barely abide by any laws or any morals and i think we have enough of our fair share of the so called poor! creatures!!!!!!!!

Dove
Has no life

Post by Dove » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:40 pm

In fairness Susan, of course you have a right to your opinion and I respect that. However think about how you may feel if they were parked opposite your apartment and then you may see where the other posters are coming from. I have no issues per se with the travelling community, in fact as part of my work I meet them regularly. But when I come home to my "sanctuary" I do not want the worries of them on my doorstep. If that sounds bad, I apologise. Life is hard enough these days.

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:29 am

Dove I absolutely see where other posters are coming from and like I say whilst they are down there they are not up here using that area oposit eurospar. So don't be encouraging them to move, cos they will be in like a flash!