Dodgey Smell

Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Dodgey Smell

Postby Steevo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:59 am

Is anyone else having problems with dodgey smells in your house/apt in the St Samsons bit of Belamyne? Over the past few weeks I've got a bad smell in the hallway/kitchen area. It can last for a few hours and comes and goes randomly. Dont think its the sink/dishwasher drains!

Cheers

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:02 am

It's probably coming from the drains. This used to happen to us and was more intense when it rained a lot

You should contact the foreman and they will clean the drains.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm

er yep it happened to me. It could be that the flush needs attention in your main bathroom in the hall (Apartment). Sometimes when the flush is slow to fill there is not enough power to push the you know what around the bend and thus creating smells. I had the guys around and they are gone away to get a part for it which should improve. Its a cross between gas and effluent isn't it...

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Steevo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Generally only get it in the kitchen but I might call the builders out to take a look!
Thanks for the replies

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:34 pm

i have it also and it is disgusting....

I had the builders in they put cameras down the pipes etc etc and could find nothing now they think it might be the vent in the attic is not connected therefore the smells are coming back down the vents - they will have a look in the attic.

Besoms
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby Besoms » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm

When we did our first snag one of the many problems we discovered in the attic was that the vents weren't connected......this could well be the root of your problems.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:09 am

Ì have recently noticed that the smell has got more acidic on the occasion that the door has been closed for some time the whole bathroom smells awful .

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Steevo » Thu May 22, 2008 6:16 am

Hi again,

Just wondering if anyone is still having problems with smells lately? We're still getting it on occasions but cant put it down to anything inparticular. Builders were out before Xmas and said everything was ok - I have my doubts as we shouldnt be getting these problems.

Cheers

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Thu May 22, 2008 7:49 am

You are right, its getting to be smelly central. Ile get onto management company today again as its really bad and I am sure we are all spending alot of money on cleaning stuff just to make the smell less in our homes and you are right it shouldn't be like this.

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Steevo » Thu May 22, 2008 8:11 am

Have you mentioned it to Shannon Homes yet? I'm gonna email em today and see if they'll come out again.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 am

Hi again

Just been onto our new maintenance man (David has left) Gerry. Gerry seems very approachable indeed. He will also get someone to come out about the drains. We just can't go on like this.

He will also move the bins from in front of the gate. Its bin day tomorrow for the Black bin and the Green bin, I think?

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”