car broken into

Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

markos
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

car broken into

Postby markos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:20 am

i have just been away on holidays and had a friend of mine staying in my house for a few days.on only the second night his car was broken into,they bent back the drivers door to get in (no alarm) and broke off the steering lock but by doing this they bent the whole steering rack so the car was undrivable.im just writing this as a warning to people to be on the look out,i live on churchwell avenue which is very well lit up at night so the people doing this obviously arent worried about being seen.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:54 am

Thats just awful. It is important to report these incidences no matter how small to the guards so that they can police the are. I hope this is a reminder to us all to be very vigilant and report any incidences and on this website to be informed is good. Sorry to your friend for his unexpected expense.

juju
Addicted
Addicted

Postby juju » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:33 am

There was an attempted break in around 3am inbetween Samsons Crt and Square on Tuesday night also.

safenet.ie
http://www.safenet.ie/

Postby safenet.ie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 am

online booking www.safenet.ie

ColmB
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ColmB » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:27 pm

good man Mr Safenet in there with the sales pitch! :lol: just so you know this type of thing happens everywhere but there is an increase in the number of "rob to order" robberies lately, a friend of mine had someone break into her house in Portmarnock and take their keys to her car and nothing else, monitored alarms make a whole lot of sense!

susand
Has no life

Time again to be extra vigilant

Postby susand » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi All

Its unfortunate to report that for the 1st time on our side of the estate we have had backgardens broken into.. They appear to come with bolt cutters so I cannot understand why the security have not noticed them coming into or leaving the estate.

Again we all need to be vigilant and look out for each other.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: car broken into

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:21 am

security not that good when residents have to knock on their door to advise them on whats going on in the estate

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 am

Linda I PMd you

cands
Active User
Active User

Postby cands » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:13 pm

I'll defend the security (don't work for them or with them .... ) cos from what I'm aware they had captured the registration number of the car that the males arrived in, they gave this to the Guards and the car was stopped and both males arrested for breaking into the two cars, so at least they got those responsible

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:12 pm

You are right Cands I would agree. Security is a great asset but unfortunately these things happen everywhere and they cannot be on every corner but I think a little watching out for each other and being neighbourly is what is needed in any area.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Linda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 am

think having the security there is a great idea - but dont understand why they turn a blind eye to the youths that continually drink in the park off the main road almost every evening and torment people who walk their dogs etc as these youths are directly opposite the security therefore it would be impossible not to see them, dont expect them to be at every corner just a little bit more aware of whats going on in the estate and when incidents like this is brought to their attention they act on same

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

shirley
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Postby shirley » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 am

I think having the security around is very beneficial to the residents. Just look at other areas like clongriffin you only have to go in to their website to see the problems they are having with anti social behaviour and opportunist crime. I think that if belmayne did not have the security presence we the residents would be a lot worse off then we are. Look what the scumbags do when there is a security presence here, what would it be like if there was none.

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”