magnet services

Addresses include Churchwell Court, Churchwell Avenue, Churchwell Drive 1-11

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

choco
Active User
Active User

magnet services

Postby choco » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:21 am

i am about to leave them as they are making so many mistakes on my bill . anybody else feel they are useless ?
its being going on for months now.
im also tempted to call into their office and make some noise about how crap they are but it will probably not make any difference.
are sky or NTL any better ??
magnet customer service is a joke and anybody new to the estate please do not be tempted by the sales hype they are a waste of time.
choco

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Steevo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 am

To be honest, I've found them quite good. Getting TV, 5Meg Broadband and Telephone for about 60 quid a month.
Any problems I've had have been sorted quite quickly and the installation lads are sound!

I was dubious about going with them in the first place after all the bad comments but I was pleasently surprised.
What kind of mistakes are you finding on your bill? I mustpay more attention to mine!

gqma0
Has no life

Magnet services

Postby gqma0 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:41 am

Hi Choco,

Sorry to hear this is happening. May I ask you what kind of mistakes you're having with them ?

I only use the Internet part. Not using the telephone at all. Using blueface instead.

As for the billing, it's regular montly bills for €40. No issues with Magnet. I'm quite happy with them

NTL are good for the internet.

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby belwoman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:42 am

We thought they were ok until now.. when we recieved a bill for services which wasn't fully explained. We've asked for an itemised bill but are still waiting 4 working days later. Will keep you posted. Also we've been using them for a year with no issues at all until now. I heards there is a new CFO from NTL :roll: I hope this isnt the reason.

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:56 am

Hey guys you too. Ime pulling me hair out with them. I had been paying by DD since service and was very happy with everthing then suddenly without warning I got a nasty letter telling me I owed almost 300 Euro and the latest invoice jumped up from 68 Euro to 98 Euro. I telephoned them and feel so sorry for the staff there cos they are really up to their necks in it well I was asked to be patient as they had sent alot of letters last week and that they were trying to deal with everybody in turn but they were swamped.

Not our problem I hear you say. I had no indication that by some fluke in their system my DD had not been paid since November and this aparently was because I asked for a change in service (I asked for an extra box) it automatically stops the DD then!!! they should have reinstated it but they didn't.

I asked why had they not indicated that there was arrears while they were sending the invoices out but they could not answer it. Incidentally I had been checking my bank account to see if the DD were going through and thought I was satisfied in July that all was well therefore no need to keep checking this.

I said that if they did not get back to me with the correct amount I owed them that I would post on this site my frustrations I gave them the benefit of the doubt by holding back as they did promise to get back to me Tuesday and then yesterday but they didn't.

Its awful owing money to anyone and normally I am very diligent. Just a bit of advice for what its worth. Keep paying what you think you owe and then hopefully keep our heads above water.

Perhaps if this becomes a serious ongoing problem that we could set up a sub group of interested folks and seek advice on this.

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby belwoman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi,

Thats exactly what happened to us..but for 189 and no extra box installed. And our direct debit was working but not taking out the correct amount, was the same all the time when our printed bills said different. We got a quite badly worded letter.
I knew when I called last week by the sound of the young lady I was talking to that they were having a bad time of it with callers (I'm in the support biz), but it sounds like a fiasco. I think we are straight now as hubby was on to them earlier and he says he can see where this might have happened but they need to make sure this isn't happening all the time...lost revenue for existing customers and then loss of reputation with new. I really trusted the service up to this and hopefully it is just a one off blip. However my poor hubby now has to redo all his work expenses for tiny amounts.

gqma0
Has no life

Postby gqma0 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Thanks for raising the alarm. I regularly check my acct to ensure that DD occur. They've had this kind of issue before I joined with them over a year ago and it sounds like they still haven't resolved this matter.

That's bad credibility !!!

Return to “Belmayne - Shannon Homes”