NEW residents informal meeting!

Addresses include Belmayne Park South, Churchwell Square, Churchwell Road, Churchwell Mews, Churchwell Close

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: NEW residents informal meeting!

Post by belwoman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi Rebelfido
I'm just going to copy and paste my post to you so that people can judge for themsleves. I'm not going to engage any further on this forum with you as it is a waste of energy. People can read it or not but just so we are both clear about my PM to you.

"I felt it necessary to respond to your post about the RC. There is still a RC in place that has been dealing with KPM since 2007 but at this point we have been given no further information on the fire stuff than what is out there in the public. It is nothing to do with KPM either, its between DCC and the developers. The developers are dealing with the affected properties on a case by case basis. My understanding as I live in one of these houses is that they are doing this very slowly. It remains to be seen whether they will act in our best interests and at the moment it really isn't clear due to conflicting reports and information.

We are a number of volunteers who have been working on some of the bigger issues going on (pre fire) such as vesting and we do not want to be put up as some sort of scape goats for everything wrong in the estate so we wont be holding any public meetings. If people want us to champion the fire issue the best way to keep us informed is by emailing us at belmaynebalgriffin@gmail.com.

I extended this offer to the original organiser of this meeting ....Chuffed (I believe it was and heard nothing since). Its actually quite difficult to constantly monitor this forum and keep up with developments hence we have the mailbox. So when you have time could you update us very briefly on the minutes? My other reason for this is that we are representing both Belmayne Shannon Homes and Belmayne Stanley's/LM. This means that the Shannon Homes side know even less that we do which doesn't help.

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by belwoman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Also please read the original thread from last week or the week before where I said I was prepared to attend as well.

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

as i have said my real name is colm o connaill whats yours belwoman??? i have said i am one of the many people trying to arrange a meeting to sort out the fire issues mgmt fees etc... mainly fire issues you at no stage declared you were on the RC in fact E.O.R even asked was there anybody there on the thread from the RC and no-one replied i'm sorry but staying in the shadows and saying nothing is not what the RC is supposed to be about if you are from the RC then please enlighten everybody that you represent who are ye??????
this is all i am saying on the matter i am moving on and dealing with the issues you are not responsible for these issues and are not the scape goats but a helping hand i thought would be your core aim!!!
if you wish to be informed about whats going on attend the meeting like everybody else surely someone on the RC is free on sunday night????

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by belwoman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Mine is Mrs Johnson as it happens. I'm not posting publicly anymore on this forum and will take this conversation offline as it really isn't helping anyone. If you want an indication why just read my all posts and try to understand where I am coming from. I think I have been fairly consistent and have identified myself several times as a volunteer with the RC. I have a full time demanding job and cannot read and respond to every single post either...but I think I have mentioned this to you before.
Bel

monikaikrzysiu
New face
New face

Post by monikaikrzysiu » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 pm

I'll be there on Sunday.

Anthony
Active User
Active User

Post by Anthony » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Mrs Johnson and Mr Colm O Connaill, we are not getting anywhere arguing amongst ourselves. We are all in this together and we should be working as a team to get the fire issue resolved.
No one is going to us anyone as a scape goat Belwoman we just want people there who can go to the figure heads and raise our concerns as a community. At the end of the day we all have to live in these houses and if there not safe or there are further tests required as something else was missed then were do we all stand.
Everyone is getting frustrated as no ones being told anything from DCC or LM which I'm sure if you rang the helpline you'd soon find out. I rang them 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting on a call back.............and my home is affected.

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 pm

ok been away from laptop for a while just back now belwoman i agree with anthony no point arguing come to the next meeting and discuss this like adults and lets all put what information we all have together and see what position we are all in!!!

ok i think i fixed the facebook page so if everybody try to look for belmayne development and add them as friends i think this is the only way to do it lets try this anyway for now and see how we get on with it!!

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm

I think calling the original residents association shadowy etc is ridiculous and alluding to them having some kind of agenda is just mad ( in my opinion - before anyone has a go at me too). There is no conspiracy going on. I think it's fair to say that in the past the RC has contacted people on this Forum who are posting criticisms of it and asked them to help or volunteer their time and they were turned down. So I think that needs to be cleared up aswell. there was nobody queuing up to help them get day to day matters dealt with and boring stuff like vesting and dealing with planning permission, pot holes etc!

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 pm

nell first off are you not on the so called RC??? so is that not a vested interest and opinion???
either way we have moved on and are having a meeting on sunday offer is open to all residents and the matter of residents committee will be discussed so it is probably in your best interst to turn up and clear the air inform the RESIDENTS who exactly ye are how ye are the RC who voted ye in etc... what ye are doing for people how to contact people on the committee etc.... i am moving on from this subject the fire safety issue is our main cocncern!!!!!

chuffed
Addicted
Addicted

Post by chuffed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for picking this up and keep this innitiative going (I wasnt able to pick this up last week).
I will also attend on Sunday and would appreciate to be copied in the PM with details of last nights meeting.

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm

hi chuffed i sent you a pm to you last nite cheers tx good to know your still interseted i can't wait to here from you as there are a few questions i have for you on a seperate issue i will pm you later tonight about the last meeting there seems to be a bit more interest in this meeting than on the one we had on tues nite!

rebelfido
Addicted
Addicted

Post by rebelfido » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:26 am

hi all i think i got the facebook page up and running please look for Belmayne development as a person and at the moment the only friend is me colm o conaill this might be a more open way to meet people and neighbours and discuss things like upcoming meetings and issues and privately then if need be?

Nell
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Nell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 am

Well Colm I just had to offer the other side to the story as you were doing a great job of offering your version. Glad to hear you have moved on, I presume that means everyone else needs to do the same as you seem to be running this thread.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Linda » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 am

colm thanks for the info on the last meeting and I will be there Sunday also.

confused
Regular User
Regular User

Post by confused » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:26 am

@ Nell, I'm glad someone's starting to run something cause nobody else was willing to step up. Fair enough the residents committee have said they will monitor things but they have been very quiet which is worrying.

I don't see how that reply that you posted helps anybody in this estate one bit. Some of you are going on like kids. Believe me when I say we have a long long road ahead. Fire issues are worrying but there are also other problems which I'd imagine are going to be raised at this meeting on Sunday.