residents committee anounced

All residents association discussion

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

blackstudio
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

residents committee anounced

Postby blackstudio » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:11 am

The following is a list stating the members of the residents committee for Castlemoyne and St Samsons. Any resident is welcome to join the committee and we would like to welcome any further representatives for the Castlemoyne area.

1. John Ferguson -Castlemoyne
2. Fiona Murphy - Castlemoyne
3. Shane Grimes- St. Samsons Square
4. Julian Seymour- St. Samsons Square
5. Edward Armstrong-St. Samsons Square
6. Michael Merrigan-St Samsons court
7. Sandra Clarke-St. Samsons court
8. Tom Fingleton-St Samsons court
9.Gerry Colrevy-St. Samsons court
!0. Gaetan Meister- St Samsons court
11. Rachel Egan- St Samsons court

Being on the committe is a voluntary role residents take up for the greater good of the community.

We have regular committee meetings together, and also with the management company.

Currently Ronan Maguire is the acting Management Agent for Balgriffin Management company, he works for Keenan Property Management(KPM), part of his responsibilities is to Provide information and advice and to respond to enquiries from home owners he can be reached on 0860482151.

Here is a link to The Consumers Property site outling a number of key issues including: http://www.consumerproperty.ie/

Developers
Management companies
Understanding service charges
Membership rights in a management company
House rules and neighbours
Dealing with managing agents
Understanding the jargon

We will be issuing a community newsletter soon to create more awareness about the residents committee and the issues we are facing.

We welcome residents to use this site and pose any questions we might be able to help with.

Thank you,

Rachel Egan
GOD REWARDS CONSIDERATE NEIGHBOURS WITH JELLY BEANS IN THE AFTER LIFE!!!

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:29 am

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackstudio
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

residents committee

Postby blackstudio » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks Dove,

I just want to mention that when the estate gets handed over from the builder the residents then become in complete control of the estate but until then the builders here have appointed KPM as the property managers, they presently have the control over the estate -primarily the finances,and we are having issues with their management which has forced us to pull together in recent weeks.

With the unknowing in the future of when the builder is going to finish we are in a limbo state because we are up and running as an estate but we have no control and we find KPM are not acting in our best interests, one of the main issues is management fees,and people not paying but still using the services,this has pushed us into heavy debt, which is not getting any better.

We as a committee will be creating awareness about these issues because we feel it is very important to keep our estate up to a good standard for the future.

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duckincoffee
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby Duckincoffee » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi, I dont mean to hijack this for Belmayne but as far as I am aware no residents association properly exists in Belmayne yet. There have been a couple of meetings with the managment company and there is due to be another in the coming weeks that anyone in the estate is welcome to attend. David in KPM will have the information on where and when. But so far I dont think it's an actual residents association yet. But do correct me if I'm wrong...

Dove
Has no life

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Last edited by Dove on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

blackstudio
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

residents committee

Postby blackstudio » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 am

Hi Guys,

I remember reading a few posts where there had been a few meetings with a belmayne residents committee,

It is a tricky thing to get up and running because people need to get to know each other and start meeting regularly, its can also be quite time consuming and people are out making a living as it is,

we only communicated through email for ages and came together over time but i feel that if it wasnt for some people nothing would have materialised, im speaking about Shane who set up this forum, Tom and Gaetan who have been moderating it and forming a committee from the start creating more communication around issues and getting information about the endless issues there is to know about!

At last years AGM we all met each other and we started from there really.

The AGM's are coming up soon, and i would defo recommend going to it, you get to put a face to a few names.

This site has been really beneficial as a meeting point for residents.

I hope to use it more and create more awareness together.

Rachel

Shane
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby Shane » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:35 pm

And don't forget yourself in there Rach who has been most proactive in the committee and community!

and as well as a committee trying to ensure the management company works in the interests of all residents it's always good to meet your neighbours. I always feel very lucky to have the good fortune to know so many great neighbours.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: residents committee anounced

Postby tomf » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi

Just to make people aware of the apartment owners forum currently finding it's feet thanks to great efforts by DCC and some dedicated people all giving their time voluntarily. Much more dedicated than me as I have only managed 3 meetings so far due to work pressures.

Some good documents from DCC here to download - I can get them as hard copies if anyone is interested - may take a couple of weeks as next meeting is second Thursday in March.

http://www.dublincity.ie/Housing/Apartm ... wners.aspx

The website for apartments owners is :
http://www.apartmentowners.ie

remember, it is added to constantly. The Knowledge Library part is probably most useful and it is this we work on each month.
It is a small core group each month with specific agenda for each meeting but, anyone is welcome to attend. If they have specific questions on their own development then, time permitting, these questions can be put to Forum and some good impartial advice usually comes out.
If anyone wants more info then please contact myself .
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Return to “Residents Association”