sat dish.

All residents association discussion

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, tomf

ddub
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

sat dish.

Postby ddub » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi a question for people living in st samons.Do we have a communial satallite dish and if so is it sky?What i would like to know is if a persom wanted to get free to air tv could we use the dish or is the dish for sky only,and if thats the case should we not have got an independent dish installer where we would then have our own choice in each home that is some people are happy with sky but some would like fta tv or even there maybe some people who would like to watch foreign channels polish,etc.I my self are thinking of getting free to air tv but the dish is the problem . :?
UP THE DUBS

gqma0
Has no life

Re: sat dish.

Postby gqma0 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 am

I was waiting for someone else to reply. I don't use the Sky communal dish as I'm on the Magnet TV. I'm not too sure about the connection but it's worth trying if you have a digibox but you have to remove the filter and add a coax coupler. foreign sat dishes are allowed as long as they're not attached to the dwelling.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: sat dish.

Postby tomf » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Very late answer but might be useful for other people
The answer is yes BUT

You will need firstly to sign up to SKY for the year as otherwise the cables and box will not be in your apartment/house.

Remember the SKy distribution box converts from Fiber signal to what is accepted by the Sky Box or FTA Sat box

So, I am looking at this now in terms of sat box + Saorview ariel in the attic and it should be ok.

Won't get a chance to do it until March but will report back
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Return to “Residents Association”