Belmayne Entrances

Everything to do with Belmayne

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio

fasteddie
Has no life

Re: Belmayne Entrances

Post by fasteddie » Tue May 18, 2010 9:17 pm

I paid my fees to belmayne management 2 !! Explains why different phases of the estate are getting there grass cut and others are not!!!
Ive a horse outside!!

Dove
Has no life

Post by Dove » Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm

i assume then that i fall under belmayne management company no.2, shannon homes, belmayne park west??
who is the managing agent for management company no.1 do you know?

Dove
Has no life

Post by Dove » Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm

sorry, just to add i always though i was under management company no.1. nell you are s.h park north, if i am correct.
should we not be under the same company? :?

newowner
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by newowner » Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Surely tehy are not opening the entrance at the road beside the schools??? It would become a rat run and dangerous for the kids going there I would have thought... I know its a bit of a pain for people to come in the other side but it seems madness to create a big junction where there are so many kids

Also not so sure I want Belmayne to be so closely linked with Priory Hall as it's a disaster down there and really badly run whereas Belmayne looks well and is looked after

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Wed May 19, 2010 4:06 pm

The road at the schools should not be open till a proper road is there it be far to dangereous exiting there
Ive a horse outside!!

confused
Regular User
Regular User

Post by confused » Wed May 19, 2010 6:07 pm

I think the road to where the school is should be open. It is the road that links everything especially in terms of getting to and from the dart. It will have to be open anyway so why not get on with it. Another job for a lollypop lady! I see them everywhere in the mornings now!

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Wed May 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Yeah I do agree it should be open but like i said its well dodgy to get out there and the road is in bits! Bit of work from the developers and council we could be set!!
Ive a horse outside!!

Dove
Has no life

Post by Dove » Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 pm

the road should be open in my opinion, the schools can manage with a lolipop lady and lights etc as they do in much more congested areas. people will have strong feelings on this one way or another but eventually it will open as it is in the overall plan for the area. besides schools are not open at weekends and summer etc.

ceo
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ceo » Thu May 20, 2010 7:31 am

Few comments here.

Firstly, both roads are planned and will go ahead at some point. They are in the master plan and can be found online or in the council offices. I actually posted an image of the planned roads on here before if you search my posts you'll find it. These 2 two roads are vital to the future development & connectivity of the Northern Fringe. The scale of the master plan is dependent on the transport arteries that run through it.

Secondly, that entrance from the schools will not open onto the existing Hole in the Wall Road. The road is to be re-aligned and some of the work is already done. Look down by the side/back of the Fr. Collins Park maintenance depot and you will see some of this new road and its new trajectory.

And finally I think it is unproductive for the constituent estates of the Northern Fringe to be dismissing others and advocating they stay cordoned off from each other. I am referring to newowner’s comments above. Yes there are documented issues at Priory Hall but they have a strong RA there and are working through their problems. The Northern Fringe will not survive unless the developments work together. Belmayne will not thrive unless Priory Hall, Clongriffin & The Coast do also. If I was a resident in Priory Hall I wouldn't like to read on the neighbouring estate's chat board that my place was a "disaster". Just as someone in Belmayne may not like idle gossip about poor sound insulation, abandoned town centres etc. or Beaupark about pyrite. Pots and kettles?. We all have some negative legacy from the boom building years to work through so no point slagging each other off. Belmayne has been the at the receiving end of some fairly negative press over the last 2 years… don’t perpetuate the same on your neighbours living next door. In my opinion it is petty and gets us nowhere.

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 am

Ceo do you have a link to where I can view the masterplan? Pm me if you do!!
Cheers!
Ive a horse outside!!

ceo
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ceo » Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

I posted an image up here before of the road network. I can't find the post now... the thread must have been deleted as I'm certain it was there.

I have a presentation that was recently given at the North Fringe Forum meeting and it has an image on there where you can make out the roads. There's stuff online too but I haven't time to go searching. Email me and I'll send it to you. It's too large to upload here.

newowner
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by newowner » Thu May 20, 2010 10:07 am

I'm not "slagging anyone off" ceo and am not being "petty" as you call it. If and when the road between the two estates is opened up then maybe everyone will benefit but the road finishings, parking and finish on the exterior of those apartments has been poorly finished and there is no denying that unfortunately. My use of language may have been a bit thoughtless and apologies if I have upset someone who actually lives in priory hall and I feel for them as they are at the mercy of the developer. It was not idle gossip as you call it, I was purely stating that the estate has not been finished well and is not being kept to the same standard as belmayne.

Going back to the point on the road, if they finish the work on the hole in teh wall road then fine but at the moment I would think it would be madness to open up that link and have an entrance there as it wouldn't just be dangerous for the kids going to school, it would be dangerous for anyone going in and out

ceo
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by ceo » Thu May 20, 2010 10:39 am

My use of language may have been a bit thoughtless

Yeah, it was. I'm sure the residents up there would not call their homes a disaster. They live right next door to you and we all need to work together here. Belmayne has problems left after developers as hasClongriffin and The Coast. Indeed many developments built at the tail end of the boom may have issues due to the quality of workmanship and subcontracting of works. But they are problems than can be fixed and are not insurmountable. Even pyrite can be fixed 100%... the problem at the moment is identifying liability so the work can be done! Priory Hall wasn't the only place left with stuff to finish. Anyway, since DCC put in an enforcement order on the developer work is ongoing.

Going back to the point on the road, if they finish the work on the hole in teh wall road then fine but at the moment I would think it would be madness to open up that link and have an entrance there as it wouldn't just be dangerous for the kids going to school, it would be dangerous for anyone going in and out

Absolutely, totally agree. But as I said it won't open in its current state. When I advocate the opening up of roads I mean when finished. And this road can't open until the Hole in the Wall Rd. realignment is finished as part of it.

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Wed May 26, 2010 10:52 am

Not sure if traffic lights are a step closer for the main entrnace they have errected one of those american stlye traffic light poles the real high up ones!!!
Ive a horse outside!!

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 am

have you seen the state of the paths just after the roundabout the tiles for the crossing are coming up. Ile report it in but has anyone else noticed anything wrong with the paths before I do?