NTL broadband availability

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

gqma0
Has no life

NTL broadband availability

Post by gqma0 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:52 am

:? It's been 3 weeks now we've moved into our house and NTL broadband is still not available. They've only had the analogue TV signal clear for the last few days.

I ring twice a week to ask when it will be available and they keep saying by the end of the week.

Has anyone tried to go with them ?

I choose NTL broadband as there's no line rental to pay + I'll go with blueface.ie for the phone.

gqma0
Has no life

NTL Broadband availability

Post by gqma0 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:44 pm

Update from NTL. No broadband availability for the next 3, 4 month in the Balgriffin area :x

I suppose that will have to be Magnet then

adrian.s
Active User
Active User

Re: NTL Broadband availability

Post by adrian.s » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

gqma0 wrote:Update from NTL. No broadband availability for the next 3, 4 month in the Balgriffin area :x

I suppose that will have to be Magnet then

That's bizarre, NTL's bill to me in Castlemoyne last week stated Broadband was available. Haven't called them to confirm it though.

A.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

NTL Broadband

Post by tomf » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:09 pm

Hi

Called NTL last week.

Broadband is NOT available in St Samsons and the guy could not give me an answer on availability

Tom

PS: Interesting ramble here : http://balgriffin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=88
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

amanda
New face
New face

Post by amanda » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:36 pm

I just called NTL there now.. although the digital tv is available now in St. Samson's (NB they have it as "Samsons" without the St.) the broadband will not be available for "a few weeks or a few months" - nice and specific.

I'm really trying to avoid line rental.. called up Magnet there for the third time to try and get prices but they are insisting on sending out a field engineer and won't give any prices over the phone. Anyone know exactly what it costs for what?

amanda
New face
New face

Post by amanda » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:48 pm

nevermind.. I see some of you guys have had the same issues in this thread! http://balgriffin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9
welcome to club to me too! :x

Helsbels
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Helsbels » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:20 am

We went with Magnet and I'm not happy with the service, as we have had problems with both internet (problems downloading and with connection) and TV (can't record programmes and screen is freezing all the time) so we are going to switch to NTL even though I know people say they aren't great either.

I rang and asked just for the basic package.The man on the phone asked me if I wanted internet and said that broadband is now available and is free for 3 months so I am going to switch to TV and broadband with them (for now).

If I'm not happy with the NTL tv then I will look at Sky for TV and NTL for broadband.