ntl vs magnet

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

Trainee User
Trainee User

ntl vs magnet

Postby marianne » Sat May 26, 2007 11:08 pm

will be moving to st samsons shortly
just wondering what anyones current recommendations about tv and internet providers are, keep changing my mind from manget to ntl and back again
am not too bothered about the phone but have seen a few people mention blueface, do you have to subscribe to them or can you pay as you use it. do you need a phone line for them

Has no life

NTL vs Magnet

Postby gqma0 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi Marianne,

Welcome !

Magnet is fantastic for the internet. No contention ratio and the basic package is a great deal. Their TV package is not great and it still hasn't been improved
As for the phone, I changed to Blueface since they kept upgrading the phone's firmware and it just killed the phone one day. Since then I had an Analog Telephone Adapter which basically is a small box on which you plug your own phone. The Magnet rates are reasonable

Blueface is a VOiP provider (Telephone provider) and requires that you have broadband. I got the Freedom world package which allows me to call landlines (unlimited) in the US, Canada, NZ, Australia and Europe for €200 / year. So far so good. I can only say this is fantastic. There are other great things from Blueface like GO MOBILE

As for NTL, it seems to be the preferred package of everyone.

Has no life

Postby susand » Mon May 28, 2007 7:50 am

Has NTL reached Churchwell Drive yet? I have no complaints about Magnet except their television is not the best there was a delay for several seconds between voice and picture over the weekend (Now this may be something I did and was not aware of not being technical minded at all).

Return to “Suppliers and Services”