Eircom

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

Brian L.
Trainee User
Trainee User

Eircom

Post by Brian L. » Tue May 01, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi,

Has anyone connected to Eircom in Belmayne?
I applied in february and am still getting the "run around", I'm thinking of throwing in the towel now and going with magnet or anyone at this point.

Skyconfused
New face
New face

Post by Skyconfused » Tue May 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Eircom are not yet active in belmayne as far as i know. Apparently Magnet are making difficult for other companies to come in, but if you ask me they are just not bothered while its not a hugely populated area.
Magnet are not bad though, well the Tv service is weak but the internet and phone are grand....as good as anything else out there.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Phne Internet

Post by tomf » Tue May 01, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi
as someone over in St samsons for nearly the past year I can tell you what my experience has been.

1) I am with magnet for Phone and Internet - their basic 2M package -- it is fine and never had an issue.
2) I am with NTL for TV - needed to get Sky Sports for the rugby and no issues there either.

Eircom never came near me. NTL now have cable internet as well and also I see flyers for Clearwire as well.

Don't bother with Eircom - go magnet for phone would be my advice and then decide what to do for TV.
magnet were supposed to provide service for phone only but, does not appear to have happened as yet.

Wish you all well in belmayne and if anyone knows which house/apartment the girls on the posters live in, please let me know.

Tom
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Brian L.
Trainee User
Trainee User

Thanks

Post by Brian L. » Wed May 02, 2007 8:44 am

Thanks guys,

I will probably go with some combination like that.

BL

biffy
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Re: Eircom

Post by biffy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi Guys,

Who can tell me what the cheapeast landline that is available in Belamyne. The only reason I am getting a landline installed is to avail of Sky Multiroom. Is Eircom connected there yet

Thanks,

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Eircom is expensive cause of the line rental I'm rolling with ntl it's 55 euro for house phone broadband and tv!!!
Ive a horse outside!!

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:28 am

Dont go near Eircom! I signed up with them some 2 years ago they installed the line linked me up except there was no point in the house I was billed and billed for this I tried everything to get them to stop billing me they even sent a letter to take me to court. The couldn't get it from one dept to the other that I could not make calls even though they say I had a line there was no indication of any calls being made but still they didn't get it. Eventually I kept returning their bills with a note stuck on front and i got a call from a very nice person in there who yeaa GOT it. I don't have a line into the house! No I would go with magnet nothing wrong with them.

Good Luck with you decision.

biffy
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by biffy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks guys for the advice. Will prob go wih magnet