Nolans Kitchens

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

Bronz21
Regular User
Regular User

Nolans Kitchens

Post by Bronz21 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:39 pm

Hi there,

We went out to Nolans today to have a look at the fitted kitchens.

The ones fitted in St. Samsons are actually on their website...

http://www.nolankitchens.com/shakerPear.asp

The work top shown here is not the one that comes as standard, it is actually a lot lighter. Anyhoo, we didn't like the standard so we went for the one shown here. It's gonna cost us 125 euro for the difference though.

They were really quite helpful out there and will make certain changes if you need. We were also thinking about getting an 8-bottle wine rack fitted in but after some thought it might take away quite a bit of storage space.

We were quoted 200 euro for this change, which is really quite a lot for a wine rack considering we might never have 8 un-drunk bottles of wine at any one time anyway. :lol:
Bronagh

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Nolan Kitchens

Post by Shee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:55 pm

I contacted Shannon homes in October 2005 and asked about changes to the apartment. Alan told me to contact each of the suppliers directly so I rang nolan kitchens back in October '05 and asked them not to install the kitchen as I wanted to choose something different. They said they'd note that on my file and to contact them when I was ready to choose. In December 05, when I went to choose my kitchen I was informed that the kitchen was installed and would not be changed for any reason. I had no problem paying the extra cost but now the only thing that I can change is the worksurface but only when I have signed for the apt. .... not impressed. Again I was told that changes were allowed in the Castlemoyne development because of the cost of the house but Nolan kitchens weren't prepared to alter anything in St Samsons.

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Shee » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:10 pm

Now that I had to rip out the kitchen in the apartment courtesy of Nolan Kitchens, anyone interested in buying units or worktop. Kitchen measures 11.5 x 7 ft .... worth a try

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Dee » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:35 am

Hi there

I was out looking at the St Samsons show houses this weekend as I have bought in the new phase of St Samsons. The kitchens in the show houses/apartment are not Shaker Pear as your kitchen is - Did you just ring Nolan Kitchens to find out what type of kitchen you were getting or did HOK advise you?
Thanks
Dee

Delilah
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Delilah » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:34 am

From many trips to the showhouse I believe the kitchen is standard in the new phase as per the show house - Nolan Kitchen should be able to tell you - ps if you require any changes I would call now!

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Dee » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:40 am

That's great - thanks for tha. that is actually good news as I personally preferred the kitchen in the show house with the dark wood counter to the shaker pear one anyway. Don't think I will bother with any changes. Bring on the standard!!
Dee