Sky for Belmayne Apartments

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

fasteddie
Has no life

Sky for Belmayne Apartments

Post by fasteddie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Got a letter in the post from Sky yesterday that Sky and Kpm have struck a deal to bring sky to apartments they will put one dish hidden away on the roof somewhere and that will supply the whole block through a signal or cable!!
Ive a horse outside!!

susand
Has no life

Re: Sky for Belmayne Apartments

Post by susand » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 pm

I have the Sky Channels through Magnet... theres no bother to it!!

mcmahol
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by mcmahol » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 pm

susand wrote:I have the Sky Channels through Magnet... theres no bother to it!!

I think you missed the point.....

Thats great news fasteddie, in my opinion Sky's service is much better than any other television provider. Sky has a better selection of channels at a competitive price that you can control, no need to be paying for channels you would never watch. The plus box is excellent also.

flick
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by flick » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Great news...thanks for sharing!! totally agree about Sky and hope this deal applies to P7 too?? Can't wait to get it in! :D

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah its great only bad thing i have another 10 months before i can get out of ntl!!
Great thing with sky you can get the sports in hd for all us sports fans :D
Ive a horse outside!!

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:46 pm

mcmahol wrote:
susand wrote:I have the Sky Channels through Magnet... theres no bother to it!!

I think you missed the point.....

Thats great news fasteddie, in my opinion Sky's service is much better than any other television provider. Sky has a better selection of channels at a competitive price that you can control, no need to be paying for channels you would never watch. The plus box is excellent also.

Not missing the point just happy with what I have! Ok the presentation could be better but all I wanted was get all the sky channels so I could watch the films and the bit of sport Its only costing me 97 Euro all in including unlimited phone and broadband and I like it that I only get the one bill for it all. The service has improved as well.

Delighted for all you Sky dish fans and this cuts out the need for a dish on the side of the apartment so its a winner all round.

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:16 pm

I dont get this sky dish carry on, at the start we could not put up a dish because it would be a bad image so when sky and kpm struck a deal to put one on the roof i thought they would be hidden away !! But they put about 6 of them on Churchwell mews all on the front of houses and facing the road!!!
Just makes you think what was the problem in the first place!
Its gone from one extreme to the other they are putting endless amount of them up!!!
Ive a horse outside!!

mcmahol
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by mcmahol » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Houses in Belmayne where never restricted from having Sky dishes, only apartments. KPM can request that the dishes be taken down but other than that they cant do anything about it.

biffy
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by biffy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Does anybody know if you need a phoneline installed to get Sky.

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 pm

biffy wrote:Does anybody know if you need a phoneline installed to get Sky.

No you dont need a phone line sky have a grey box installed on the side of the buildings and if you want it they run it into your apartment!!
Ive a horse outside!!

biffy
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by biffy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Cheers for the reply fast Eddie. What if you want to get Multiroom. Does that change anything

Thanks

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:53 am

Just more on your bill :lol:
Outside the apartment block somewhere you will see a grey box they run the wires from that!!! They blend in with the brick work so you cant really see them!
Ive a horse outside!!

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 am

Agree the Grey blends in very nicely to the building but the black wire is a discrace its only at the start of the loop and runs up and down the down pipe and across under the windows and in time will become saggy and unsightly. Ide invite anyone to look at it in my front before you could say its a good job. PM ME IF YOU WANT THE ADDRESS WHERE YOU CAN VIEW THIS MESS.

Dee
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 pm

I came home to my apt a couple of weeks ago to discover that one of my neighbours has kindly put their sky dish on my side wall....! I can see why they might have done it as my apt is on the top but it at least would have been nice to have been asked before they went ahead with it.... !! anyone else have this happen to them?? (i am on churchwell drive).

fasteddie
Has no life

Post by fasteddie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Dee wrote:I came home to my apt a couple of weeks ago to discover that one of my neighbours has kindly put their sky dish on my side wall....! I can see why they might have done it as my apt is on the top but it at least would have been nice to have been asked before they went ahead with it.... !! anyone else have this happen to them?? (i am on churchwell drive).

Are you sure thats not the one sky put up for the block? They on every apartment building up top?
Ive a horse outside!!