Anyone gone with Sky for their tv?

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

gqma0
Has no life

The Master lease of St Samson's

Post by gqma0 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 pm

It's been discussed many times in the past on other forums.

This is going against the planning and regulations development.
I've had a satellite dish for the last 10 years since I'm in Ireland and there's nothing Shannon Homes or KPM can do to stop someone from putting a dish as long as the rules are respected

There's a link somewhere on fingalcoco.ie that I will find out

I can only find this one for now
http://www.corkcorp.ie/ourservices/deve ... 80,en.html

gqma0
Has no life

Master lease - KPM issue

Post by gqma0 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:18 am

Tomf,

I don't recall having seen anything about aerial or satellite dishes in my contract and my solicitor said that as long as I own the house and I go under planning and development regulations, there's no problem.

That's an issue for me since I'm receiving the french channels via satellite.
:? :?

So, if KPM applies the rules to St Samson's, why would it be different to Castlemoyne ?

They'd be trespassing my property going into my private garden to remove the dish.

Would you mind raising this at the next meeting ? I'm very concerned about this

Thanks
Cheers

susand
Has no life

Post by susand » Tue May 22, 2007 8:45 am

This is just a question so don't get all het up about it but. If its OK for the houses to have a satelite dish why is it not ok for apartments to have same. If they put them to the back yes they can be seen but it will look no worse that looking out at a house with one on.. They own their own apartments and if they are a ground floor with a garden even better. I think the rule with the Management company is that once a house has it in their back garden and is not facing out onto the road then it should be ok.. Your comments please

gqma0
Has no life

Post by gqma0 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 am

In St Samson's, there are townhouses, houses and appt.

The appartment on top of us have a balcony and they have the dish on the wall on their balcony, so it doesn't bother anyone.

That's an issue for many residents in the court as there are a few dishes erected but the rules are respected.

We need to find out as I'm not willing to receive a letter asking me to take it down and finding myself in a situation.

newmews
Making myself at home
Making myself at home

Post by newmews » Wed May 23, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Lenny

It long time since i called in when ye had just moved, we
were the couple who moved into Churchwell Mews

Just wondering where you put your dish and was there any problems
, i was talking to the foreman and he says dishes are only permitted
at the back of houses

Lenny
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Lenny » Wed May 23, 2007 5:58 pm

Hi there.

Congrats on the house. You've got a busy time ahead of you...

We have ours at the back of the house and quite low down so its hard to see from anywhere.

Fiona
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiona » Tue May 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi Folks,

We received the letter from KPM yesterday along with everyone else and as I was going in to meet with my solicitor this morning I brought the letter with me. We have a dish and it is at the side of our house, at the rear so that it does not appear in in anyones direct eyeline. The clause for Castlemoyne (which is where we are) is that you can not errect a dish to the front elevation or to the roof of your property. So our solicitor said that KPM haven't got a leg to stand on. Also KPM are picking and choosing the rules they want to implement, there is clause in our contract that states that there are to be no Commerical Vehichles in the estate yet the place is overrun with them.

I think it is a case of watch this space, a Garda would need a warrant to come on to our proprty to search for things and I am damn sure that KPM can not just come on to our properties uninvited.

I am not giving up SKY HD it cost a fortune to get in!!!!

Fiona

niamhsmi
Addicted
Addicted

Post by niamhsmi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:10 pm

as far as i know alot of complexes and small estates sat dishes are not to be displayed. there a little un slightly i have to say but i know in our contracts in belamyne dishes are not allowed to be displayed along with other things and if they are they will be removed. So it really depends on the managment company and if they implement it. But it is in the contract about this and many new development have the same clause.

hanrahac
New face
New face

Post by hanrahac » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 pm

i know this discusssion has been going for quite some time but i've just moved into my house in belmayne and i really don't want to get magnet in. its in my contract that i can't have a dish.
ntl isn't wired for my road and i also rang 4 other companies that provide similar services to magnet and they are not available in the area so that really only leaves me with sky as an option. i rang the management company and i was told that if i did put a satellite dish up that it would be ripped down! the cheeky feicer even went so far as to say to me "is tv all that important to you anyway".

anyway, after much fretting i found out from sky that if i erect my dish on a mast/pole in my back garden i am not breaking my contract so that's what i'm going to do and two fingers up to the management company!

Shee
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Shee » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:58 pm

This mighten answer your question

I moved into St Samsons in July 2006 and when I set the tv up I automatically received the basic channels through the ariel without paying for the service. Have you tried this ?

In March 2007, the signal was cut off so I arranged for NTL to call, they rang saying they were outside my door where in fact they called to St Samsons Sq and not St Samsons Court. They installed the box and the digital system wouldn't work because they then informed me that the address wasn't on their system, so I stood my ground with them and he made a phone call to NTL and by 5pm that evening everything was up and running.

So I suggest that you keep at them because if they can connect me within 3 hours of my address not been on the system, it can be done.

(bit long winded I know but it makes sense to me)