Plumber

Discussion of suppliers of kitchens etc., Magnet, NTL, Sky etc. and reviews of each. Here be the place for them

Moderators: tomf, gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator

EmSe
Regular User
Regular User

Plumber

Post by EmSe » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:36 pm

Does anyone know of a plumber who would be interested in connecting my gas hob?? I got the electrical oven connected but still need someone to do the gas. It is supposed to be a quick job but with gas - I am staying well clear.

Gerry
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Gerry » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:19 am

Hi,

Contact Conor 086 1514662. He has done similar type of work around Balbriggan/Lusk/Portmarnock. He has fitted a shower pump for me a has fitted gas hobs for a few of my friends. He is gas trained by Bord Gais, so should be fine to do the hob for you.

Cheers

EmSe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmSe » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:42 am

Thanks Gerry, but yet again Graham in Home Design came to my rescue!
He rang me after seeing my post and put me in touch with a plumber that was doing work in the court. He came out last night and did the job.
Again, quick & efficient from Graham.

Gerry
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Gerry » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:22 pm

no worries happy cooking

ola
New face
New face

shower cover(door & frame)

Post by ola » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:11 pm

Please, would anyone be able to tell me where i can get the right shower door & frame that would fit the shower tray in the master bedroom in the town house "samson square". As have been to different shops and they just don't have the right measurement (700 x 850).

Would appreciate, if you can tell me where you got yours.

cheers.......
TJ

EmSe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmSe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:33 pm

Check-out imageshowers.com and the diamond range. They do a bifold door and & side panel suitable for 700*850.
Most shops supply image showers - they are one of the more popular suppliers.
Happy shopping!

Rey
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Rey » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:30 am

I'm curious about your need to buy shower doors. I have bought in the next phase and the brochure states that the en suite comes with fitted shower doors. Is that not the case??

gqma0
Has no life

No Shower doors

Post by gqma0 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:55 pm

Hi Rey,

We didn't get any shower doors in the court

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Steevo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:14 am

I'll swap you some shower doors for some red bricks on the front of your house!!! :D

Gerry
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Gerry » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:01 am

haha That seems like a great deal! All we need now is some cement and a brickie and we can get the house looking like the ones in the brochures!

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

steevo --shower doors

Post by tomf » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi

I'm in the court and got shower doors ( lovely glass ones) in both the ensuites of the apartment.

However, the bathroom had 1 small row of tiles and no shower attachment and no shower door..

Still, got the plumber and tiler in and all seems ok now ( Oh, at my own expense before you alll call Shannon Homes)

Biggest bugbear I have is no wiring for wall lights in any of the bathrooms -- or any wall in the apartment for that matter.

Tom
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Rey
Addicted
Addicted

Post by Rey » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Tom,

That sounds great. With 2 ensuites in our new home we could do with proper doors. Did you get the tiler on site to complete the bathrooms or did you have to find your own tiler??

I would like to have the bathrooms fully tiled and don't want the hassle of trying to find matching tiles... Getting someone to do the work isn't an issue...I'm sure my boyfirend would enjoy the task of practising his DIY skils!!!

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Rey

Post by tomf » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:30 am

Hi

No, I got a great young guy to do the tiles for me - Graham from Home Design recommended him and he turned out to be a real find.

I bought my tiles from Right Price Tiles - just down the road in Coolock and, although cheap, the turned out great.

Basically, tiler and tiles together cost about as much as tiles alone in some of the more upmarket tiles shops.
I wanted to get the pro to do the tiles as I have no intention of changing them for a very long time.
Also, both of the ensuites are an odd shape ( almost triangle).

So, I removed the tiles ( the Shannon Homes ones) from the bathroom and got the whole bathroom tiled --top to bottom. Looks great -- call round and have a look -- you are more than welcome.

Also, just got floors tiled in the ensuites as tiles there were fine.

Hope this helps

Tom

PS: Unless your boyfriend is great at tiles then I would not get him to do it-- I reckon every time you look at the tiles you will see small errors and ''over time'' will probably drive you demented and him too !!!

http://balgriffin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52 is the link for tiler.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

del420t
New face
New face

Post by del420t » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Can I get back to the plumbing. can anyone advise me the type of costs I should be expecting for a plumber?

I need a gas hob connected and I need the water pump checked in my apartment before I leave for Belmayne.

Thanks
P6 Churchwell place

Steevo
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Post by Steevo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Id imagin it'd be about 70-100 quid to get your hob connected. Not sure bout the other stuff!