Man Fees for Three Bed Townhouse Type K

Management fees, duties of the management company etc.

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Fees for apartments

Postby tomf » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:06 pm

As one of the three people with a Type O apartment, I have just had final confirmation from Shannon Solicitors that ( as suspected) the Management fees are 1370 Euro.

Of course, I will be watching very closely the level of service I receive through the management company.

Yes, block insurance is included in the price.

I could not possibly take out buildings insurance on my apartment as it sits on top of the large 2 story 4 bedroom townhouses ( cannot think of the number type but, it is around 2600 sq ft in size). Obviously, any damage to the house below or to my own apartment could easily damage the house/apartment.

So, nothing I can do about the 1370 Euro. I was expecting it and, although expensive, it is actually cheaper than fees in other complexes.

Let us see how good the management company are.

Tom
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

JamieB
Trainee User
Trainee User

Postby JamieB » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:41 am

It's unbelievable really that they class these units differently at a whim it seems. I'm just going to pay the €905 though and then arrange for the contents insurance seperately. If they were to reclass the unit now back to a townhouse we'd have to change the title deed and registration and so on. The solicitor would then charge us more fees no doubt. Useless shower that they are as you say!

Just want to close now at this stage anyway. Nearly there!

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Feel the same way

Postby tomf » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:03 pm

I have to say I agree with you

Solicitors are charging a fortune and doing very very little. Shannon Homes had no idea I had deposit paid !!!. Thankfully, after organising all myself, I can now close on Monday and get the keys and try to get furniture and all the usual stuff - so hopefully, be living in apartment by 1st Sept.

Thank the Lord it is all nearly over,

Tom
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

Return to “Management Company”