Management Company?

Management fees, duties of the management company etc.

Moderators: gqma0, blackstudio, Administrator, tomf

belwoman
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Postby belwoman » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:23 am

Hi Fiona,
You are correct to be concerned. We have just moved in, over in Belmayne and I have to say my heart sank when we learned KPM would be "looking after" us. I've come from another estate managed by them and it was dreadful. I think they might need a lot of persuasion to maintain any areas or sort out parking issues. For the 4 years I was there, I came home every evening to find my space had been used by someone who wasn't even a resident and had to park far away from my front door.

niamhsmi
Addicted
Addicted

Postby niamhsmi » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:13 pm

cant we overthrow the managment company if everyone is unhappy and find a replacement????

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi All

I feel that we have to give these guys a chance. Its a huge developement and there are going to be problems. I have had need to phone them on a few issues and they have responded very well.

tomf
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

General

Postby tomf » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Hi
First of all let me say that I have no wish to defend Management companies. There are very few good ones around.

Also, to respond to someones comment - this is not a large complex. As far as we are concerned KPM manage St Samson's and Castlemoyne. Our fees go into the management of these estates only.

We have full rights, once the estates are completed ( I stand to be corrected on the exact timeframe) to sack the management company and hire a new one.

However, I would prefer to work with the one we have and get them to understand what is required. Basic things like - response to calls/emails and action on problems. Part of the problems currently are still Builder issues.

Also, the Property management Company should be able to offer advice to the residents committe and regular meetings to work together closely.

We do sign off their budget - needs approval of residents committee. That should be an interesting meeting - whenever it happens.

I am also very annoyed that we have to pay for maintenance of a common parkland space that we insure and maintain. This will be public space and we insure it - this is really Fingal CC job.

I don't think anyone is happy with the company so far.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty

susand
Has no life

Postby susand » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:01 pm

have just read the thread about KPM and now know where you are coming from. I was speaking from a local point of view and was my opinion as I had no need to think otherwise that they were bad because they did respond to problems effectively that occured.

We had to change management companies in my last home and it was like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: Management Company?

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:36 am

JUST RECEIVED THE ATTACHED EMAIL WITH REGARDS MEETING KPM ARE ORGANISING WITH BELMAYNE RESIDENTS.
TUESDAY 24TH MARCH - no time given yet ....

Hi All,
I am hoping to organise a meeting for all residents who are interested in attending for either Tuesday the 24th of March. A notice will be delivered to all properties this week to inform all residents of this.
We will try to cover all topics on the night.
The main items of concern will be discussing the Budgets, security, future development and residents feed back.
Any other topics on the night will cover if possible.
I look forward to meeting you all.
Keenan Property Management

Linda
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Re: Management Company?

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Sorry,

I never attached a time.
MEETING TIME.....

We will try to start for 6.30 / 6.45 pm.

Regards

David Linehan
Property Manager

Return to “Management Company”